• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

I would be surprised if Doyle does not go out on loan today. He may not be quite the player he was, but surely he could still do a decent job somewhere.

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't do any business today, let the dust settle on silly season and see who's available on loan in 7 days time. There's no rush as we have an international break.

On this occasion I tend to disagree. You can only sign someone on an emergency loan for 93 days, so we'd either have to wait until the end of September or send him back before the January window closes. We are desperate for a striker and if anything happens to Dicko we are in serious trouble.

On this occasion I tend to disagree. You can only sign someone on an emergency loan for 93 days, so we'd either have to wait until the end of September or send him back before the January window closes. We are desperate for a striker and if anything happens to Dicko we are in serious trouble.

I think you can make a loan signing permanent outside of the transfer window though.

I think you can make a loan signing permanent outside of the transfer window though.

You can't, clubs might agree to terms outside the window whilst the player is on loan and then complete during the earliest opportunity but not between windows. The player would be unavailable outside his loan period.

If we signed someone on a 93 day loan the day before the Blackpool game, it would run until 14th December. So worst case scenario, it would leave us short for three games over Christmas. I don't see that being particularly critical in our thinking.

If we signed someone on a 93 day loan the day before the Blackpool game, it would run until 14th December. So worst case scenario, it would leave us short for three games over Christmas. I don't see that being particularly critical in our thinking.

So, in theory we could end up with no strikers for three games. Personally, I think it's a problem.

Hardly going to power them to the Europa league in an avalanche of scoring is he?

So, in theory we could end up with no strikers for three games. Personally, I think it's a problem.

In theory we could sign a striker and both him and Dicko get crocked on the 14th December, leaving us with no strikers for three games

Back