• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

I was there when Bully scored his first goal for wolves against Cardiff I think,wasn't many there that cold night!My dad was working in Cardiff at the time & he dragged me to the game,glad he did now,lol

Striker converted left back by mad Mick & yet we all remember his goal at Liverpool where he was played in his 'proper position'.Ive no malice towards Ward,always tried his best IMO,all the best Wardinho

Championship winners and consecutive seasons in the top division makes "mad mick" the most successful manager of Wolves in a generation.

Very true wasn't knocking him,met him a few weeks ago with TC at a Dundalk game,both gentlemen
e9ane6un.jpg

I was there when Bully scored his first goal for wolves against Cardiff I think,wasn't many there that cold night!My dad was working in Cardiff at the time & he dragged me to the game,glad he did now,lol

A nice my dick is bigger then yours post there.

I have to ask a question on Clayton as it's been bothering me.

If no club is willing to match crewe's valuation, or willing to go to tribunal - is he basically screwed and unable to play football for the next 4 years? Given that he's out of contract, it seems wrong?

Crewe aren't due anything if he decides to go to a club outside the English pyramid so there is that option.

Eventually someone will just sign him and go to tribunal. We don't want to take that risk and end up potentially paying close to or upwards of £1m for someone we don't see making much of an immediate impact - KJ said today in his post-match interview that any signings have to be going to straight into the starting XI. If Clayton were £250k with add-ons dependent on his progress then we might decide we can afford that and make an exception. Much more and no we can't.

I can't really see anyone signing him, if both us and Sunderland both decided it was too costly and too risky.
Would he have to play abroad for a year if he decided to do that?

That'd be up to him I suppose.

Man Utd got nothing for Zeki Fryers when he left at the end of his contract and joined Standard Liege. Six months later he joined Spurs who had been looking at him the previous summer but couldn't come to an agreement with United on a compensatory fee. Whatever Spurs paid Standard was far less than they'd have had to pay United.

Technically speaking I suppose so yes.

I can't really see anyone signing him, if both us and Sunderland both decided it was too costly and too risky.
Would he have to play abroad for a year if he decided to do that?

He'll probably end up accepting the contract that Crewe have offered him.

So could he sign a 1 month contract in Ireland and then come back for nothing?

As long as it was within the transfer window. If he waited until the windows closes to be out of the theoretical Irish contract, then he wouldn't be allowed to play for his new club until January.

Doesn't matter as Clayton is on his way to Everton for a trial with a view to a long term contract.

Back