• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

£5 million Watford paid Peterborough for their league 1 striker who impressed no more or less than Dicko last season. Are we really going to find a striker better than Dicko for sensible money?

Forest got Assombalonga if that is who you are referring too? Callum Wilson similarly believed to be £3 Million (which is a lot) Although Nhaki Wells was rumoured to be £1.5 and rising depending on clauses, so there is relative value around depending on the seller and contract length, Peterborough seem fantastic at getting top value for strikers at the moment though, got £6 million plus for Dwight Gayle.

Apparently Radio 5 & WM have linked us with Harry Kane tonight.

Apparently Radio 5 & WM have linked us with Harry Kane tonight.

Would be very good if we could get him but he came on for Spurs n Saturday didn't he? They're not flush with strikers either.

He's looked decent every time I've seen him for Spurs.

That would be a good signing although I think he has just signed a new deal with Spurs? Doubt we'd get him longer term.

Forest got Assombalonga if that is who you are referring too? Callum Wilson similarly believed to be £3 Million (which is a lot) Although Nhaki Wells was rumoured to be £1.5 and rising depending on clauses, so there is relative value around depending on the seller and contract length, Peterborough seem fantastic at getting top value for strikers at the moment though, got £6 million plus for Dwight Gayle.

Forest, Watford...all the same. Nhaki Wells was last season though, fees have gone through the roof this year.

Forest, Watford...all the same. Nhaki Wells was last season though, fees have gone through the roof this year.

If we couldn't get Woods I highly doubt we'll get Kane. Stranger things and all that...

they are short on strikers..not getting my hopes up on Kane

They are trying to sign a striker but it's still highly unlikely he'd want to drop down a division. Especially when QPR are supposedly interested in him as well.

With Huddersfield being in a bit of a mess it'd be worth keeping an eye on Nakhi Wells over the course of the season I reckon.

Had Nakhi lived up to the hype since moving there? Ain't heard much about him.

Seem to remember him doing OK last season. Seems more and more likely we'll get our striker on loan sometime after August. Hopefully it'll turn out like last year and we'll get a gem like we did with Jacobs and Henry who have found themselves out of favour and wanting football.

We're off and running again with Twitter moaners. This time it's about the prospect of Julian Jenner signing on a free. If Julian Jenner did sign on a free, put on the shirt and turned out to be a good signing, are these the same people who would be praising KT for finding him?

We're off and running again with Twitter moaners. This time it's about the prospect of Julian Jenner signing on a free. If Julian Jenner did sign on a free, put on the shirt and turned out to be a good signing, are these the same people who would be praising KT for finding him?

Credit to them if they do, but I don't give them that much credit.

Back