• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

The first thing I see on Twitter this morning is people moaning that we're not willing to stump up the (excessive) compensation for a lad who may or may not do well in the future. Everton have readier access to the £1m so they can afford to take a punt on him. We need to spend our money on the here and now.

If Clayton was worth £1m he would have been snapped up by a PL club already. A risk of a million to a club that brings in £80m+ a year is a very small risk. A risk to a club bringing in £10m is a huge risk.

Crewe fans don't rate him very highly anyway.

Patrick Bamford having medical at Middlesbro'
Cue meltdown on various forums...

Wouldn't have anything to do with him whoring himself out to any (higher) club that comes calling, would it?

Scoring 9 goals in 3 years probably has something to do with it, big return there.

He's also nineteen and not your out and out striker (apparently).

It's hardly the form that's going to get people excited about a player is it? Whether they be 19 or 29 is irrelevant really, he's achieved nothing at all so far, stands to reason that people don't particularly rate him.

He was 20 the other day. Good luck to him, it feels like Crewe are screwing him over a bit to me.

How so? They've offered him a new deal to carry on playing there i believe, he's chosen to shop around and they're just making sure they get what's owed to them for his prior development.

I thought it was cack personally. A horrifically tortuous metaphor/pun to start off with, then telling us nothing we don't already know - We need another striker to challenge Dicko.

There has been much better analysis on here so I am in the cack camp. There is one decent observation though - when you consider the prices being paid for bang average forwards how much would it cost to improve on what we already have? Maybe when it comes to scoring goals we are best waiting to see what is available on loan instead of spending millions of sub standard forwards not wanted by their current club or whose market value is way beyond their ability.

£5 million Watford paid Peterborough for their league 1 striker who impressed no more or less than Dicko last season. Are we really going to find a striker better than Dicko for sensible money?

We will score goals this season - not in the magnitude of last season - and we won't concede heavily and that gives us a puncher's chance.

I quite enjoy Bill Howell's articles.

This, of course, is irrefutable evidence that they are bad.

Cack? It's complete and utter wank.
Basic advice to journalists:
Get it right - keep it tight - cut out the shite.
Howells fails all three, every time

Cack? It's complete and utter $#@!.
Basic advice to journalists:
Get it right - keep it tight - cut out the $#@!e.
Howells fails all three, every time

Why don't you say what you mean. I hate people who beat about the bush. ;)

The first bit was tosh but I agree with most of his views, although I think we only need a striker as back up to Dicko as he will score at this level

Back