• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Leicester Mercury suggest that the structure of the deal (the transfer fee) and not been agreed which would lend weight to the comments from Jackett.

Leicester Mercury suggest that the structure of the deal (the transfer fee) and not been agreed which would lend weight to the comments from Jackett.
West Brom have a sell on clause which could cause a problem. I still think this deal has legs.

Good. That'll free up much needed funds in the wage budget. Hopefully we can get a reasonable striker out of his £15k or so per week.

Three quarters of a million quid a year? You'd bloody well think so wouldn't you?

Someone on the Mix seems to think that Wood wanted 20k per week plus a promotion clause that would theoretically double it and that that's what scuppered the deal. If that's true we can certainly find better value elsewhere.

Someone on the Mix seems to think that Wood wanted 20k per week plus a promotion clause that would theoretically double it and that that's what scuppered the deal. If that's true we can certainly find better value elsewhere.
If it hasn't come from Penk or Frank I don't want to know...

Burnley have no realistic chance of staying up and Dyche serves up football that would bring tears to Tony Pulis' eyes. Ward is just a mercenary much like the rest of Group 3. Perhaps Banaszkiewicz could be persuaded to part with a cool million?

I'm surprised the wood deal got as far as it did.Most clubs via agents have an idea of what salary is sort after & either pursue or withdraw.Maybe both he & his agent got greedy & it backfired on them.Silly wages being spouted around so I've heard!

I'm surprised the wood deal got as far as it did.Most clubs via agents have an idea of what salary is sort after & either pursue or withdraw.Maybe both he & his agent got greedy & it backfired on them.Silly wages being spouted around so I've heard!

This is how I see it. We've moved on to other targets and Chris Wood is stuck as Leicester's 4th choice striker. The only people to lose out here are Wood and his agent.

20k a week...is he on crack?
Think weve already been down this road before....much better off without.

Seems we've learned the hard way(Team3) just seems a bit strange we even were in for him knowing our budget & restrictions.Better off with good young hungry league 1 players that have a point to prove & won't be unrealistic with their demands

Wardinho going to Burnley instead apparently

Back