• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Don't worry guys Wood will get meat type sweats in bed tonight and have wicked nightmares, he'll ring Kenny at 3am and tell him sorry and he'll change his mind and park his car in the car park waiting for Kenny to come into training.. All will be well and Kenny will have Wood. Whats the story morning glory yeahhhhhhhh.

Meh,not too fussed if we dont get Wood hes no great shakes..and doesnt get my pulse racing paticularly.
Im sure theres others out there that could do a job.

There are no make-or-break signings for us. Kenny will calmly bring in guys that will improve us along the way. I'm not too upset about Wood (or Clayton if we miss out on him as well).

I'm sure there are other prospects in the pipeline. I'm just glad we're not signing guys to say we signed someone.

its not over til the fat man sings and I have heard our Jez stretch his vocal chords yet. I still think that there is a chance for the Wood deal but KJ wont be pissed about. I agree with Lnagers that we have a number of targets to pursue not two

Like to see the guys who got us up given a chance.
I don't think many would disagree with this sentiment, however what lies below this at centre half and centre forward isn't good enough and needs to be improved, if this means that who we bring in starts then so be it.

So where do go from here?, i've a feeling the next Player 'on the radar' will not be known until he's pictured holding the shirt.

Although this forum always remains patient and pant wet free, there's a hell of a lot of chat elsewhere suggesting we should be 'living the dream' and giving our targets whatever they want.

So where do go from here?, i've a feeling the next Player 'on the radar' will not be known until he's pictured holding the shirt.

Although this forum always remains patient and pant wet free, there's a hell of a lot of chat elsewhere suggesting we should be 'living the dream' and giving our targets whatever they want.

Well that is just bloody ridiculous, do we have goldfish for fans? Do they not remember what happened to the team the last time we brought in players that were earning more than the rest of the squad?

Well that is just bloody ridiculous, do we have goldfish for fans? Do they not remember what happened to the team the last time we brought in players that were earning more than the rest of the squad?

Have a quick dip into the mix, same old same old.

IIRC this time last season (as in after the league cup 1st round exit to a bottom tier side) we had brought in 1 new player - Ricketts - for the grand total of £0.

So why are people panicking this time around, when it's clear that we're looking and it's clear that we're not just going to sign up any old Tom, Dick or Harry just to keep the impatient pant-wetters happy?

I think Sunday showed that we really do not need many more players and the strengthening that is required will be something we only fully benefit from after we've played a lot more games when squad depth becomes more important. So with a few weeks of the window left and the loan window (which we used very well last autumn) also to utilise, why the panic?

Because we HAVE to be spending money. No ambition, penny pinching innit.

And yet, the year we signed Fletcher we got all our business done early, and then the mongs moaned that we were quiet on deadline day.

Unless I've missed it on here, the E&S have it that Woods is gone.
Club couldn't agree terms with the player or the club.
Jackett quoted as saying, 'well now it's out, it's for me to answer it and it seems like that's not going to happen, so we'll move on....'

Is this plain speak and we move on, or is it code for 'let's sort it out in the background'?

Wolves and Middlesbrough have both agreed double loan deals for Chelsea duo George Saville and Patrick Bamford.

Boro had been leading the chase for the pair as they build on a strong relationship with Chelsea which has been hardened by coach Aitor Karanka's friendship with Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho since his appointment last year. Boro boss Aitor Karanka was asked last night about the potential double signing: "I hope we will sign the two from Chelsea. The club are working on that, but we have got seven games in 22 days so I'm concentrating on the games".

However, Wolves are also keen and it is understood the duo will hold talks with Kenny Jackett before making their decision/s. Both clubs see the youngsters as integral signings to their respective seasons and the duo are expected to make their decision and move in days rather than weeks.

Unless I've missed it on here, the E&S have it that Woods is gone.
Club couldn't agree terms with the player or the club.
Jackett quoted as saying, 'well now it's out, it's for me to answer it and it seems like that's not going to happen, so we'll move on....'

Is this plain speak and we move on, or is it code for 'let's sort it out in the background'?
Reading what Jackett said we didn't actually get past Leicester. So talk of any fees agreed were bollocks in the first place..

Reading what Jackett said we didn't actually get past Leicester. So talk of any fees agreed were bollocks in the first place..

Its that or Leicester moved the goalposts after an initial fee was agreed

Back