• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Crewe are after a million apparently, never gonna happen, we should take it to a tribunal it wouldn't be anywhere near that figure.

Same as Sunderland then. Refusing to pay £1m that Crewe want

Wolves valuation of him must be pretty low, if they're not even willing to go down the tribunal route then Wolves' must be looking to even undercut that figure.

Wolves valuation of him must be pretty low, if they're not even willing to go down the tribunal route then Wolves' must be looking to even undercut that figure.

Sunderland offered £250k and didn't want a tribunal to decide. Can't see us being much, if any, higher than that offer.

Ok, now that's fucked me off. I could understand the whole Chris Wood thing and appreciated KJ's decision on that. However, even if we did have to pay up to a million, when we come to sell him we would make a lot of profit quickly. I am pissed off a lot about this.

You'd pay a million pounds, comfortably KJ's highest fee, for a player to spend most of his time in the U21 squad?

Profit is not guaranteed you know. He could be a flop and leave on a free. Highly rated means zilch unless they become the player they should be. Ask Utd how Daniel Nardiello is doing and how much money they made when he left.

Dodged a bullet with Clayton in my eyes, I wouldn't gamble more than 150k on his potential and see him closer to Walsall standard than Wolves.

Fair enough, I see your points. I guess it was just heat of the moment from me. Apologies.

The deadlock in the Max Clayton deal has brought out the usual "Moxey out" idiots on Twitter who think that we should be signing every player who's available. Quality over quantity is the order of the day. If the club don't think Clayton has the potential required to spend £1m on him now then we need to move on.

The deadlock in the Max Clayton deal has brought out the usual "Moxey out" idiots on Twitter who think that we should be signing every player who's available. .

One of the many reasons why I'm on TWF and not twitter or some other joke football/Wolves website.

Here comes another wave of clueless supporters making "Moxey out" posts across various Wolves websites: Patrick Bamford is set to be confirmed at Boro.

I'd be much more annoyed if we hadn't been trying to sign Wood at all or hadn't even looked at Clayton. Hopefully whoever we do end up with turns out to be a good deal and this all gets forgotten. Would help if Clarke scored a couple in the next few games too

Here comes another wave of clueless supporters making "Moxey out" posts across various Wolves websites: Patrick Bamford is set to be confirmed at Boro.

Maybe these supporters want to see new faces added to the squad and don't have your all encompassing knowledge of football or Wolves targets. It strikes me as though we have a disconnect between what players are worth and the types of target we are after. I think our recruitment department needs to revise what they know about players and their valuation as they seem to be out on them at this level so far.

As for Moxey, I'd rather he was gone along with large swathes of the commercial department but that is for other reasons than not buying players. Doesn't mean people are anti-wolves to want Moxey to leave the club you know or in fact clueless.

Maybe these supporters want to see new faces added to the squad and don't have your all encompassing knowledge of football or Wolves targets. It strikes me as though we have a disconnect between what players are worth and the types of target we are after. I think our recruitment department needs to revise what they know about players and their valuation as they seem to be out on them at this level so far.

As for Moxey, I'd rather he was gone along with large swathes of the commercial department but that is for other reasons than not buying players. Doesn't mean people are anti-wolves to want Moxey to leave the club you know or in fact clueless.

A target wants more money than we're prepared to offer, goes elsewhere or turns us down - it's not a new thing and it's not something that having a recruitment team can eliminate. We're not in a rush to sign anyone, we're not getting promoted or relegated in August. What I can't work out is why these people won't just give the recruitment team an opportunity to do their thing? We've signed Van La Parra and first impressions of him are positive so let's give them time and I'm sure they'll come up with something.

Football is an entertainment service sold by a business. Why should Moxey and the commercial department go? Who would be responsible for attracting ticket sales and keeping the club viable?

A target wants more money than we're prepared to offer, goes elsewhere or turns us down - it's not a new thing and it's not something that having a recruitment team can eliminate. We're not in a rush to sign anyone, we're not getting promoted or relegated in August. What I can't work out is why these people won't just give the recruitment team an opportunity to do their thing? We've signed Van La Parra and first impressions of him are positive so let's give them time and I'm sure they'll come up with something.

Football is an entertainment service sold by a business. Why should Moxey and the commercial department go? Who would be responsible for attracting ticket sales and keeping the club viable?

It is a 'thing' a recruitment team can eliminate as research is key and I'm sure our team will learn as they only had a half a season at this level to operate, they're just not at it right now by the looks of thinigs. There's plenty of books around for you to read on the subject if you want to educate yourself on football economics (rather than me tell you), but you're coming across as ignorant and you're clearly not. 'These people' as you call them see players identified and turn down Wolves and can't square that circle as, like you and I, we do not have the information as to why and how these targets were identified with not having a good handle on why they would not sign for us. It's partly the press and partly impatience at looking at other clubs and seeing them do business. Going for players and not getting them or the 'we tried' policy is rubbish and pretty pathetic PR.

As for Moxey and his team, if you think that running a football club is all about providing entertainment then you are living in cloud cuckoo land, this is not the place for the discussion but I think Moxey has been there too long and the club has become staid and tired commercially at this level and this is shown with the recent price hike to the fans. As CEO he is responsible for this and I think his time has been and gone.

It's hard not to feel aggrieved when the club won't pay up, or players turn us down, but I think KJ and KT have done enough to earn our respect with their dealings in the transfer market. Remember last season we were all clamouring to sign that Crewe midfielder (can't even remember his name!) - that fell through and we got KMac in instead and have never looked back.

Likewise in the Jan '13 window people were suggesting we signed Marlon fucking King!! Another bullet dodged.

Funny how things work out :D

A bit more on the Ward story, but he apparently failed to attend his medical at Brighton this afternoon.

Source

Back