• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Absolute 100% itk twitter account claiming that Wolves will sell Roger the relegator to Sheff Wed for around 1 million....

I'd probably have to get on a train to Sheffield and find someone at Hillsborough to personally apologise if we charged them that much!
ITK fookers make me laugh..

Absolute 100% itk twitter account claiming that Wolves will sell Roger the relegator to Sheff Wed for around 1 million....

I'd probably have to get on a train to Sheffield and find someone at Hillsborough to personally apologise if we charged them that much!

the STH I know quite like them and would welcome the signing!

The last decent defender Sheffield Wednesday had was Danny Batth on loan. Wednesday fans liked Johnson because he throws himself in front of shots and shouts a lot but while he was there their defence was falling apart around him and they were routinely shipping in 2 or 3 goals a game.

Any transfer fee we get for Johnson will be nominal at best, certainly won't be £1m.

I wish the E&S would drop this fucking "Bomb Squad" nonsense and then mock the club by also putting this "the respectfully-named ‘group three" because KJ refuses to use the term bomb squad...

Anyway, Doyle and Ward in Group 3 and will not be going to see Roy in Ireland next week.

A Pre-season wouldn't be so without an E&S Poll and here we go

In an Express & Star poll this week, over 56 per cent of the 2,800 votes cast wanted Doyle to be given another chance.

Jackett is prepared to risk the wrath of those fans to do what he feels is right for the club.

Will Wolves put up the squad who are travelling to Ireland? KJ has said it will be the squad from the second half of last season plus Rowe and van la Parra. Maybe that includes Eusebi and Hause.

Zeli looks like is off to Aberdeen until Christmas

I wish the E&S would drop this fucking "Bomb Squad" nonsense and then mock the club by also putting this "the respectfully-named ‘group three" because KJ refuses to use the term bomb squad...

It's starting to do my head in now. I really don't care that much about the players in that group - my concern are the players who will feature regularly for us next season, but I suppose that doesn't sell papers.

A couple of players in (the respectfully name) Group Three who we are not trying to get rid of. 2 of the youth keepers are training with them, so they can have game situations without having to play rush keeper

A Pre-season wouldn't be so without an E&S Poll and here we go

In an Express & Star poll this week, over 56 per cent of the 2,800 votes cast wanted Doyle to be given another chance..

How is your finger Roy?

No way back for either Doyle or Ward as far as i'm concerned, i hate the new word that's cropped up recently but neither deserve to be part of the 'group'.

Can someone enlighten me to why they actually use the term "bomb squad"?

What time is the game tonight?

Nash probably read the term on a forum somewhere. It was like the time he picked up on the phrase "Marquee Signing" when a Wolves fan from Australia was talking about the rules over there and how they were allowed 1 Marquee Signing (as in not to be included in the wage cap). He then used that term when linking us to players "Marcus Bent wouldn't be the Marquee Signing the Wolves fans wanted. In our poll 103% of fans said they wanted a different Marquee Signing"

It's starting to do my head in now. I really don't care that much about the players in that group - my concern are the players who will feature regularly for us next season, but I suppose that doesn't sell papers.

I totally agree. My interest is in the players that will be competing in the championship, plus of course the younger lads coming through. I think an exciting, if difficult, season lies ahead. KJ has built up a decent squad, and will no doubt strengthen as and when he sees fit.

Agree Frank, especially that last bit. A lot of Wolves fans (not particularly on here) seem to be frustrated that we haven't made enough signings. What we can't do is just sign players to fill the squad, we did that in the Premier League and look where it got us. Players we sign will fit the profile that suits us and will be at the right price. There is plenty of time for us to strengthen.

Agree Frank, especially that last built. A lot of Wolves fans (not particularly on here) seem to be frustrated that we haven't made enough signings. What we can't do is just sign players to fill the squad, we did that in the Premier League and look where it got us. Players we sign will fit the profile that suits us and will be at the right price. There is plenty of time for us to strengthen.

It's the same every summer - "why ay we signed anyone yet? We ay spent any munny - them's doing it on the cheap, ay they?" When KJ dares to suggest we've got plenty of players who will be just fine in the Championship, they go off on one again.

We really don't need that many new signings. One or two perhaps in key areas but we've got a decent enough squad that just needs a bit of tweaking. And we'll get them - the right players and the right price. I trust the club to get the recruitment right.

I read the other day on the OS that Foley seems to be back in the picture, KJ talking of him as viable left back cover.

Back