• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

if Foley has come back and looks fit and confident then I have no issue with him being back in the squad. I think we could do with a centre midfielder and a forward but there is no huge rush.

I read the other day on the OS that Foley seems to be back in the picture, KJ talking of him as viable left back cover.

I think Foley has impressed him with his attitude. Accepted the situation last season but still got his head down and worked. Was still very much part of the squad, he even appeared for the end of season Sponsors do.

If no one wants him, then we have a perfectly good back up player on our books.

And by all accounts he did fine at Blackpool (in a shocking team) but had to have shoulder surgery? He was a bloody good footballer at one point - not sure he'll ever get to that level but perfectly capable at this level and in a team who plays out from the back should suit him if called upon

He played a few times at the beginning of the season as well. Scored a great goal v Swindon at Molineux (a sweet pass from Siggy to set it up).

Watching him train on the Sponsors day, he was up and down the wing from right back no problem at all. A great back up and seemingly not affected, mentally, by all the shit from the previous seasons

I trust the club to get the recruitment right.

I do now, it hasn't been the case for the previous 3 years. I always think it's better to do your business before the season kicks off but as a few have pointed out, are we really that short of players? And the biggest question of all is nobody knows how we're going to perform at Championship level yet, it's all a best guess so maybe KJ has decided whatever players he has should be used as a benchmark for the championship for the first few months and then use the loan market to bolster that if needed.

Having said that I do think we need a forward to push Dicko for his spot if nothing else.

Having said that I do think we need a forward to push Dicko for his spot if nothing else.

I think we will get one, it might not be until after the season has started though. Jackett certainly seems to like to give players their chance but if they fail, they can disappear very quickly indeed.

Remember going into the Preston game last season, Ricketts was our only new addition (although Griffiths was making his league debut for us as well). You really don't need 8 players in by the opening day, it's a complete fallacy.

I think we will get one, it might not be until after the season has started though. Jackett certainly seems to like to give players their chance but if they fail, they can disappear very quickly indeed.

I think so too. I don't think it has to be a big name either just somebody to compete with Dicko. If Chris Wood was to come in then great, but if he didn't and we ended up with a loan player from a premier league club then I wouldn't be overly bothered.

He played a few times at the beginning of the season as well. Scored a great goal v Swindon at Molineux (a sweet pass from Siggy to set it up).

Watching him train on the Sponsors day, he was up and down the wing from right back no problem at all. A great back up and seemingly not affected, mentally, by all the shit from the previous seasons
That goal was a corker. I was surprised at how quickly Foley dropped from the squad.
Potentially, now he's had his shoulder injury, he can strive to get back to his best.
I wouldn't be averse to him being back in the first team squad, & he doesn't appear to be part of the "bomb squad" either.
Not sure about him being a left back, but others will know better than I.

I havent looked at it but might be to do with that tournament where Bully is the manager , Murray in goal, Aedwards is playing too I think

I think now we only need a striker and centre back after seeing that Rowe is likely to be used mainly as a central midfielder. Ideally before the end of August but it could well work out last last year and we sign a couple of players on loan after the window shuts with a view to a permanent move after it becomes more apparent which players are surplus to requirements at their clubs.

Amy Lewis @SkySportsAmy
Sources: Burnley have agreed a fee with Middlesborough to sign Lucas Jutkiewicz. Expected to sign Monday subject to personal terms. #SSN

So that's one of the rumours going elsewhere then.

Christ, Burnley look more like they're preparing for a Championship relegation battle not the Premier League.

He's a stop gap until Vokes is back I think. I've never liked Jutkiewicz so I'm happy we didn't sign him.

Jutkiewicz is shit.

Would Man Utd let James Wilson out on loan?

Maybe, van Gaal might like what he sees if he gets the chance though. Really good player in the making I think.

I don't think we will go for that type of signing by more though, we seem to use loans to get them permanently now. I don't think they want short term benefits like that.

Back