• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

On Sky that we are keeping tabs on Garner from Preston as he is in the last year of his contract.

He's certainly talented. Not sure what his attitude is like.

I remember when he was at Watford under Dyche. He was on the bench and the atmosphere lifted when he came on, looked a good player. Think Dyche had had enough of him when he fell asleep on the bench one time!

Think Dyche had had enough of him when he fell asleep on the bench one time!

:icon_lol:

Didn't work out for him at Forest either, he's not really what I'd be after.

Please not Jutkiewicz, Cedric Roussel with less pedigree.

Please not Jutkiewicz, Cedric Roussel with less pedigree.
I think he falls into the "better than what we have" category from a squad perspective (Clarke, Cassidy, Doyle). Like most others I'd prefer Wood

I would question the wisdom of signing a 25 year old striker with no pace or outstanding physical qualities, at best average technique, who has a career best of 11 goals in a Championship season (the only time he's ever got into double figures at any level in England, he did once get 12 for Motherwell in the SPL, ie lower than Championship standard). For £1.5m.

Jutkiewicz would be a very good acquisition for the squad. Highly sought after striker, with a lot of good championship teams interested but not many who can afford him. Looks to be improving at a pace now and can bring some different attributes to our front line if we do get him.

Lukas Jutkiewicz has all the trademarks of a typical jacket signing. Early promise that did not materialise but had a good football education at the likes of Southampton and Everton. Had some seasons where he has scored one in three in the Championship. Over 50 goals mainly in the Championship.

If he is good enough for Kenny then great.

Jutkiewicz is too small to be a target man, too slow to play on the shoulder, not good enough technically to drop into the #10 role and lacks the nous to be a pure poacher. He's just average.

On another note, Tommy Rowe out for 3-4 weeks with a broken toe/ metertarsal (depending on who your read).

Tim Nash ‏@TimNash_star 37s
#Wolves are hunting a striker, but I've been advised that a report claiming they've made a late bid for Lukas Jutkiewicz is wide of the mark

Tim Nash ‏@TimNash_star 37s
#Wolves are hunting a striker, but I've been advised that a report claiming they've made a late bid for Lukas Jutkiewicz is wide of the mark

Oh well, he'll be signed by 5pm today

David Davis likely to be off in the next few days which is why he hasn't gone to Ireland

Back