• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Wolves linked to free agent after his release from "bitter midlands rivals"....Really? Don't have much hate for Villa at all

Personally I dislike Villa way more than Albion.

I've not grown up with the rivalries, though, granted.

I didn't see us play Villa in the league until I was nearly 23 and had been watching us for 15 years. As such they don't really register on my radar. Funny to watch them struggle though as they have a fanbase of entitled, whining bastards. Would be good for them to get relegated soon as they've been utter dross since MON left.

they've been utter dross since MON left.

Which coincided with their owner suddenly realising he needs to spend a crap load more than he was (and he wasn't penny pinching before that) to break into the Top 4 and has since lost interest in it all

Lambert being given a transfer budget smaller than Walsall's is fucking great (obviously wage bill is higher by a few ££ though)

The Pre-Championship Transfer speculation and new signings thread.

Still paying Bent, Given, Hutton and N'Zogbia about £220k a week between them. Ouch. That was all McLeish's doing as well.

Edit: Actually not, Houllier signed Bent. He was just as bad as Eck, just less obviously offensive.

Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO 1m
Burnley have signed Lukas Jutkiewicz from Middlesbrough

KJ said earlier we had no interest in him.

Clearly an agent trying to force through better wages etc for his client by faking interest

Just had visions of Pompey going in for Robert Taylor, bid accepted, terms more or less done, then we swooped at the 11th hour :spaz:

We've lost nothing at all there, even if there was the merest sniff. The likes of him aren't good enough to be blocking McAlinden who needs a proper chance now.

Jackett has confirmed that loans out for Ismail, Davis and Cassidy are "imminent".

Which coincided with their owner suddenly realising he needs to spend a crap load more than he was (and he wasn't penny pinching before that) to break into the Top 4 and has since lost interest in it all

Lambert being given a transfer budget smaller than Walsall's is fucking great (obviously wage bill is higher by a few ££ though)

Randy Lerner is a shit-tier owner. I say this, having also had to endure the Cleveland Browns that he has managed to make competitive once in the last 15 years.
Villa has the pieces for someone to come in and easily make them consistently mid-table, but until he sells, they'll continue to sit on the brink of death.

Sent from my Langers with Langertalk

Wonder why/how it was County who won out over Aberdeen, you'd think the club would've been fond of him getting to experience a bit of European football.

Wonder why/how it was County who won out over Aberdeen, you'd think the club would've been fond of him getting to experience a bit of European football.

Probably decided that if he is to play League 1 standard football then better to do it with a League One Club rather than one based in Scotland....

I guess location came into this one. Good for him to have to prove himself at this level having done really well for Burton.

I'd have thought location was probably the reason too, either the club wanting to keep a closer eye on him or Zele himself not wanting to be too far from home, little bit disappointed, could've been good experience getting a few Europa League games and the big occasions when they play Celtic.

They have Groningen in a qualifier - will they get past them to qualify for group stages?

I think it's a sensible step up after excelling in League 2

Make or break time for him now, he has to go there, play regularly and play well, and stay fit. Because he isn't *that* young any more, is out of contract next summer and we currently have at least five players ahead of him for two slots.

He''ll be 21 when he comes back from his loan spell. Danny Batth still wasn't a regular til he was 22/23. I know we will be at higher level but if he still shows he has the desire to improve and potential to be a good footballer I think KJ will not want to be hasty in getting rid of him.

Back