• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

The problem as far as Anthony is concerned is that he's neither here nor there. He's not technically adept enough to play centrally and he doesn't have the pace to play out wide. He needs to develop a style that takes account of his weaknesses and work his way up through the leagues.

Tidy player - but doesn't seem to have much of an impact on the game. Needs to be given confidence to express himself I reckon, not sure playing under Westley will help but he should do well in League 2

Not a terrible footballer technically, but has nothing special in his locker to compensate for his lack of pace or strength. League Two is about right for now.

I read it as KJ wants a squad of 20 players with competition for each position. Seems reasonable to me.

More likely it's simply a typo and he wants 2 players for each position.

I read it as he wants 20 players, each player fighting for their position. 'All killer, no filler' to use the current vernacular.

He wants 20/21 players capable of starting any game at any time. Maguire and Wood two players we desperately want to sign would leave it looking like:

Ikeme, McCarey (2)
Doherty, Ebanks-Landell, Batth, Stearman, Ricketts, Golbourne, Maguire(Hause) (7)
McDonald, Price, Evans, Edwards, Rowe (5)
Henry, RVLP, Jacobs, Sako (4)
Dicko, Clarke, Wood(McAlinden) (3)

There's your 21 with players like Flatt, Iorfa, Hause, Ismail, Eusebio, McAlinden hopefully getting good League One loan moves. Exciting times the way we are shaping up. Quality over quantity and utilising the excellent academy now. Thumbs up from me.

Nope!
I think he's right 1st time.
I think it'd be good to have 220 players in the 1st team squad...

Twat.

Mick left us with about that many. So about 3 new signings a day for the rest of summer. Surely 1 or 2 of them will be useful.
Shit, we'll have to build a new stand to house the squad.

Sent from my Langers with Langertalk

I can't see where he'd fit into things at Wolves. He'll probably go to a top half League One club; PNE or somewhere like that.

I like David Davis as a player but if you're going to hang your hat on a guy like Kevin McDonald in central midfield you can't then go and pair him with Davis. His carelessness in possession would negate all the positives McDonald brings to the table.

I think he could be a decent Championship midfielder but not with Wolves.

I like David Davis as a player but if you're going to hang your hat on a guy like Kevin McDonald in central midfield you can't then go and pair him with Davis. His carelessness in possession would negate all the positives McDonald brings to the table.

I think he could be a decent Championship midfielder but not with Wolves.

Something I read on the Mix earlier this morning summed this up for me. His first few games were fine and his reading of the game was good but after a while he'd come to the conclusion that he'd made it as a footballer and needed only to step out on the pitch to be a success. I agree that he could be a reasonable Championship footballer but it won't be with us. He'll carve out a career as a journeyman midfielder in the bottom half but at Wolves he's been left behind by other young players.

Back