• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

I think all that shows is a lack of empathy on your part.

He was 22 years old, he didn't speak English, he'd never lived outside of France his entire life, he'd just had a pretty bad falling out with his previous coach and then he was dumped into a disaster zone at Wolves. We've already heard how bad the atmosphere was and about how players would never speak to each other, do you really think he was made to feel welcome? Add that to his fitness problems in the early part of the season and I'm not surprised that he became so depressed that he had to be sent back to France for time off.

I'm not willing to completely write him off as a Wolves player because of those extenuating circumstances. He wouldn't be the first foreign player to struggle in his first season in England but then push on to better things.

Good. They might just have something to offer under a manager like Jackett

Boukari is a bad egg - personally I'm going to boo him if he's even on the bench... This has nothing to do with our bet Mike....!

Hopefully Jackett can get something out of these three if he feels they can offer something. margreitter could provide cover/challenge for stearmans spot and Doumbia could be an asset in the centre.

Unless Sako leaves I struggle to see where Boukari would fit in, unless he could play up front?

I think all that shows is a lack of empathy on your part.

He was 22 years old, he didn't speak English, he'd never lived outside of France his entire life, he'd just had a pretty bad falling out with his previous coach and then he was dumped into a disaster zone at Wolves. We've already heard how bad the atmosphere was and about how players would never speak to each other, do you really think he was made to feel welcome? Add that to his fitness problems in the early part of the season and I'm not surprised that he became so depressed that he had to be sent back to France for time off.

I'm not willing to completely write him off as a Wolves player because of those extenuating circumstances. He wouldn't be the first foreign player to struggle in his first season in England but then push on to better things.

Obviously not in the same category but Bergkamp wasn't exactly electric in his first season in England was he? I think the atmosphere at Wolves was at the very heart of why we failed so spectacularly, and why new players struggled as the season progressed.

KJ - Boukari has too many players ahead of him. Him and Doumbia will be looking for loan deals with French clubs

Georg M - Want him gone rather than a loan

Foley - Expects him to leave

So scrub the above from any list of "could be part of next season"

Boukari is a bad egg - personally I'm going to boo him if he's even on the bench... This has nothing to do with our bet Mike....!

Getting worried Steve?? :devilsmile:

Whether you choose to blame Stale, the players themselves, the clubs failure to assimilate them,the rest of the squad, Mick ;) or a combination of all of the above, one thing which is for certain is that one successful signing out of five when spending circa £12m is an awful strike rate.

Whether you chose to blame Stale, the players themselves, the clubs failure to assimilate them,the rest of the squad, Mick ;) or a combination of all of the above, one thing which is for certain is that one successful signing out of five when spending circa £12m is an awful strike rate.

You missed out Moxley! ;)

If McAlinden is to go out on loan (though presume there may be a recall clause) then assume that we are lining up a signing.

With Doyle out of favour & bids sought then only leaves us Dicko (good) & Clarke (underwhelming).

If McAlinden is to go out on loan (though presume there may be a recall clause) then assume that we are lining up a signing.

With Doyle out of favour & bids sought then only leaves us Dicko (fookin awesome) & Clarke (underwhelming).

Fixed for you. ;)

Stevenage are looking to sign Anthony Forde. It'd be best for all of us in my opinion, he's not good enough for where we want to be.

Yep. Showed early promise and failed to deliver. No idea if that is down to the direction Wolves have tried to send him or just his ability.

Hopefully he can go away and get on and have a good career.

Back