• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Wednesday have a new owner so that might alter their transfer dealings.

Gray wants him but doubted he could afford him. Maybe the new owner will make his budget bigger and be able to afford him

Gray wants him but doubted he could afford him. Maybe the new owner will make his budget bigger and be able to afford him

Perhaps, he's an owner of several other clubs as well though so may well run them along the lines of Watford or Charlton.

Jackett has reiterated that Johnson, Ward, O'Hara and Doyle are all transfer listed. No mention of Margreitter, Doumbia or Boukari though.

Jackett has reiterated that Johnson, Ward, O'Hara and Doyle are all transfer listed. No mention of Margreitter, Doumbia or Boukari though.

Good. They might just have something to offer under a manager like Jackett

I don't see it though to be honest. I'm sure they will be involved in training but my guess is they will be looking for moves. I have no problem with them being given a chance if their attiitudes are right, especially Doumbia. We need a back up centre back is it is too.

Unless there's been some kind of a miraculous conversion in his character over the last 12 months, akin to Pete Doherty becoming an evangelical Christian, then I can't think of anyone less suited to a Kenny Jackett team than Tongo Doumbia.

Pretty sure I remember seeing something from Jez a while back along the lines of us trying to sell all of the long term loan players.

Pretty sure I remember seeing something from Jez a while back along the lines of us trying to sell all of the long term loan players.

IIRC it was a quote about "selling players who didn't want to be here" and the E&S put up a picture of Tongo with the story.

Tongo doesn't want to be anywhere but an absolute stroll, the pea hearted wankstain.

Tongo was amazing the first few games..god knows what happened after that..

Tongo doesn't want to be anywhere but an absolute stroll, the pea hearted wankstain.

jeez, say what you feel eh?

As fred said he was / could be a good player - Kenny has rehabed other players, if he could do the same to Tongo we have a really good asset

He gives up when it isn't going his way. There are far better footballers than him that have fallen by the wayside because they had the wrong attitude. I hope we get rid ASAP, he is the complete antithesis of what I want in a central midfielder.

I'll go with kenny jacketts view. Tongo apparently had a really good season last year, so if he's over his issues I'd like to see him get a chance. However if kj wants to move him on, that's fine by me too.

Dan in over-the-top criticism shocker

It's almost as if he doesn't have stretches of fully committed, all action displays to prove me wrong.

We backed the wrong horse, it happens. He is not what we need in any shape or form.

I think Doumbia is a better central midfielder than any of Jack Price, David Edwards or Lee Evans so for that reason I'd like to see him stay on if he's willing to give it another go.

Really, with all we've learnt about the atmosphere in the Wolves camp during that season, is it that much of a surprise that a foreign signing didn't settle in and lacked fight when things were going poorly? The mood around the dressing room seems completely different to how it was, we've got a new management team, a new squad, a new style on the pitch and we've even added another Malian player in Nouha Dicko. He could well come back and do well for us.

Saying that, I do expect there to be interest from French clubs after the impressive season he had at Valenciennes.

He's a better midfielder than them based on what? A handful of reasonable games in August/September 2012?

I don't see the correlation in people wanting a hungry Wolves team full of players who'll fight until the end and give everything to the best of their abilities - which is what Jackett seems to be wanting to foster - and a lackadaisical bottler like Doumbia being brought back into the fold because "he's better" based on precisely no evidence.

I'd guess they were basing it on his form in Ligue 1, admittedly it's not the greatest top league but he's shown he can play when he wants to.

In terms of pure technical ability he's better than all of them IMO. He's proven it in a far superior league than any of Price, Evans or Edwards have, even though his poor attitude resulted in him having a dire season for us in 12/13.

He was a 'lackadaisical bottler' in that season but as I said above, in hindsight I don't blame him for that given the situation he walked into. If Kenny Jackett can get him fighting until the end and giving everything to the best of his abilities like he has with the rest of our squad then we'll have a quality player on our hands.

I'm really struggling with the Karl and Jamie didn't try so neither did I argument. In August '12 he was our best player, from September onwards he was awful. Even if I buy into the poor dressing room argument that just makes him a weak character lacking self motivation

Back