• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Happy to see Stearman re sign he has his faults but solid championship defender

Interesting how he and Edwards have only been given a two year contract.

Perhaps so we don't end up in another O'Hara situation? I haven't seen many of Jackett's signings be given longer than three years.

The Pre-Championship Transfer speculation and new signings thread.

Neither can do it in the Premier League. I imagine we aim to be there inside two years.

Edwards is lucky to get two.

I can't see why stearman couldn't do it in the prem - if we went up this year, he'd be three years more experienced than last time. 27 is a much more consistent age for a centre back, especially after about 100 solid games in that position, whereas last time he was 24 and rarely had a run of games as he was either on the bench or swapping between centre and right back...

I can't see why stearman couldn't do it in the prem - if we went up this year, he'd be three years more experienced than last time. 27 is a much more consistent age for a centre back, especially after about 100 solid games in that position, whereas last time he was 24 and rarely had a run of games as he was either on the bench or swapping between centre and right back...

I fully agree with this. I know it was the third level of English football but he got better throughout the season with the more games he played. Having a consistant partner and developing that understanding has helped him too.

Agree with darlo & PQ (make a note of the date PQ! :icon_lol: )

Very happy to see Stearman sign on again. 2 yrs about right, we don't need to be giving to be giving long term contracts at this stage.

He is reaching the right age to be an experienced CB at this level & after the last year (the first time he has had an extended run at that position with us) will be going into next season with confidence high.

Glad to see Stearman has signed a new contract. Good squad player.

What business do we think we have left then? I would like a move for a Forward but then not sure if we actually need that or if that would just make me feel better about if ND isn't quite as prolific.

Back