• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

I have a feeling that's why he's not been given a contract yet. They are seeing who's available first :/

As with Gauld, Souttar would be a little bit unrealistic IMO. 17 year old central defender with a full season under his belt... They'll be asking for far too much money. The success of Johnny Russell at Derby County will drive up the asking price of Dundee United's youngsters as well.

It would start to look a little congested in attacking midfield if we signed another player like Pritchard. I'd be sad to see Edwards go (never thought I'd be saying that a few months ago) but I'd fully understand the decision.

I have a feeling that's why he's not been given a contract yet. They are seeing who's available first :/

Might be that we're looking around because Edwards is considering his options and we don't want to be left short if he signs for another club.

Edwards still can't be relied on fitness wise and has never really convinced in the Championship either. Thanks for the goals post-January - totally at odds with the rest of his Wolves career - but I don't care if he leaves. There's no improvement left in him and you do well to get 25 games out of him a season, and he can only really play one position where we already have a far better player, let alone anyone else we sign.

Edwards still can't be relied on fitness wise and has never really convinced in the Championship either. Thanks for the goals post-January - totally at odds with the rest of his Wolves career - but I don't care if he leaves. There's no improvement left in him and you do well to get 25 games out of him a season, and he can only really play one position where we already have a far better player, let alone anyone else we sign.

Would pretty much agree with all that.

It would start to look a little congested in attacking midfield if we signed another player like Pritchard. I'd be sad to see Edwards go (never thought I'd be saying that a few months ago) but I'd fully understand the decision.
This is the one thing that concerns me.
I believe if there is a better option available, then we should pursue that.
At the same time, we still have a fair amount we need to get off the books.

Shit article - mentioning Clarke and Doyle in the last sentence shows the level of work on it.

Wouldn't have thought in December that Davey would be staying. Fair to play to Kenny for actually using Edwards in the position he is best suited to and then fair play to Dave for such an impressive run of form.

Yeah - we've always known that he is best used in that role. In fact it's the only position he should ever play. He got himself a run of games and the goals followed, as it should have at the level with the positions he gets himself in. Think he will be back up this year which ain't too bad I guess

A two year deal is overkill given his age, injury record and underwhelming past performances in the Championship.

Would rather us have moved on to be honest. Henry-Jacobs-Sako is our best three behind the forward and we have Van La Parra now as well.

Edwards will probably not get as much of a kick of the ball next season, but If Jacobs gets injured its good to have a back up in that area.

A two year deal is overkill given his age, injury record and underwhelming past performances in the Championship.

Would rather us have moved on to be honest. Henry-Jacobs-Sako is our best three behind the forward and we have Van La Parra now as well.

How many times in the Championship & Prem was Edwards played in the role that had him flying in the season just gone? Not many and its why his best Performance for us before this season came v Man City in the Prem and he played off Doyle.

He has spent most of his time being shunted out to the right of midfield and the odd game in the centre, which just takes him out of the game. His ability to break is the only concern for me but at the back end of the season he looked fit and sharp.

How many times in the Championship & Prem was Edwards played in the role that had him flying in the season just gone? Not many and its why his best Performance for us before this season came v Man City in the Prem and he played off Doyle.

He has spent most of his time being shunted out to the right of midfield and the odd game in the centre, which just takes him out of the game. His ability to break is the only concern for me but at the back end of the season he looked fit and sharp.

Agree 100%

It's a fair point but I still have my doubts how effective he'll be even in his preferred position. Better defences, less space etc. Hard to see so many Champ teams being fooled by the run across the keeper, for instance. I don't think it would have been terribly difficult to replace him with someone a bit more versatile and reliable fitness wise.

Back