• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Really, really happy with La Parra. From what I've seen - and it's limited - the lad looks quality.

He sounds creative and pacy which is good. Admiittedly that's where my knowledge of him ends, however!

Looks like a great signing from his Youtube vid' although I don't necessarily believe everything I see on them. Bit worried about Mr Sako now though.

Probably more relaxed than most about Sako, as I do think KJ stresses the team ethic and I'd be worried about Sako defensive duties in the Champ. Would be quite happy to see Sako go and the money spent on Callum Wilson

People are obsessed with Sako leaving. It's in his interest to let his contract run down. PL clubs are unlikely to come knocking given what we'd ask.

I don't fear Sako leaving right now , I think he is going to be a huge part of us trying to have a successful season. He's proven his quality in this division and he found the consistency from the first half of his first season in the second half of last season.

He looks like he enjoys playing for KJ and I think the team love having him. I don't think we would find a replacement with as much quality as him

We're a better team with Sako than without him imo

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

We're a better team with Sako than without him imo

Whilst I agree, would not be worried if he did go.

Unlikely, unless a Premier League club comes in for him & they offer what we want for him. He seems fairly settled with us (particularly since Dicko arrived) & can't see any other Championship tempting him.

If we're going along nicely just before the new year, the club should find out how Sako would feel about a new contract. KJ has improved his game in many ways; the most obvious being that he's now playing for Wolves and not Bakary Sako FC. His defensive play is unrecognisable to that which we saw when he first turned up. Personally I think he has what it takes to at least gain a foothold in the Prem and I hope it's with us. If he does go I'm sure he goes with the best wishes of all concerned. He certainly hasn't been a bad player for us.

If he does go I'd wish him the best, unless he puts a transfer request a forces a move, that would sour it for me. But you gotta credit the guy who moved here with the view of playing Premiership football within a year or so and has been one of best players in the two years he's been here.

We need to keep our best assets as long as necessary, and until Rowe and La Parra settle into Wolves ways, we will need Sako and his goals.

If he stays great but if he does go you know it'll be a good deal given Jez's track record.

Bill Howell knows as much about Wolves as I do about astrophysics. It annoys me when people insist on retweeting his histrionics on Twitter. I wouldn't turn my nose up at Ryan Gauld but for our U21s?

That's not going to happen.

We have no chance of signing Ryan Gauld anyway and if we did splash out on him and beat others to it I don't think we'd just stick him in the u21s

Linked with Manchester United, Real Madrid and Roma: Wolverhampton Wanderers stick him in their development squad. Nice one Bill...

Good Lord. Have you looked at their slide show in that story too?
Making the E&S look good...

Ryan Gauld would probably cost more than our entire transfer budget for this summer. Not a snowball's chance in hell.

GMS would be a more realistic signing from Dundee United but I don't see the point in signing both him and van La Parra. Armstrong and Souttar are two other good youngsters playing for the Arabs but I'd rather we looked elsewhere.

If it's true that we're interested in Pritchard then that'd be a positive signing. He actually wouldn't be that expensive either.

If we were looking to bring in a young defender Souttar wouldn't be bad at all - he looked pretty good on the ball when I saw him.

If Pritchard is available we should be in for him for definite. As he can play a number of positions in midfield and wide would that signal that we aren't going to be offering Edwards a new deal?

Back