• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Haha I didn't go anywhere near them

People will be annoyed about not making a move for Gauld but as soon as Sporting made their interest know we never had a chance. His youth coach was heavily involved in the transfer and actively pushed for him to move abroad. Good luck to him.

If we've been scouting Dundee United we could do a lot worse than John Souttar to back up Batth and Stearman.

I was going to say him and Robertson I'd imagine will have been watched.

People will be annoyed about not making a move for Gauld but as soon as Sporting made their interest know we never had a chance. His youth coach was heavily involved in the transfer and actively pushed for him to move abroad. Good luck to him.

If we've been scouting Dundee United we could do a lot worse than John Souttar to back up Batth and Stearman.

No Lycan, you are wrong....Given the chance to go to Porto or join Wolves he would DEFINITELY of joined us! :icon_lol:

No Lycan, you are wrong....Given the chance to go to Porto or join Wolves he would DEFINITELY of joined us! :icon_lol:

You're right of course Darlo. I'm just making excuses because Moxley's doing it on the cheap again.

The likes of Roma, Juventus, Man Utd, Arsenal were tracking him, some people live on another fucking planet.

Seems a bit pointless for Wolves/Jackett to throw that comment out there though, what are they looking to prove? Just comes across as a bit of needless willy waving about the scouting network that they'd looked at a player who's rumoured to have massive potential, are they going to do an interview about how they were aware of Suarez too when he moves to Barca?

Seems a bit pointless for Wolves/Jackett to throw that comment out there though, what are they looking to prove?

He was asked a question and gave an honest answer and wasn't trying to prove anything?

I don't think he just got up and thought "better tell the world we looked a player so we don't look like chumps"

I assume they were asked a question and answered it honestly, not expecting the E&S to turn it into "WOLVES DECIDE NOT TO SIGN NEW MESSI".

Makes you wonder why the club would even bother responding to a journalist that questions whether or not they were aware of a player who's moved to a Champions League club, such a pointless question should've just been laughed off and the questioner ignored from there in.

Makes you wonder why the club would even bother responding to a journalist that questions whether or not they were aware of a player who's moved to a Champions League club, such a pointless question should've just been laughed off and the questioner ignored from there in.

Not read the E&S before then Mark?

I remember a so called 'wonderkid' from Tranmere going to Bayern Munich only to find he was not exactly a 'wonderkid' at all. I wouldn't get worked up at all about this news.

I don't remember Jennings being talked up quite as a superkid, I think people were actually more shocked at the time that Bayern had even showed interest in him.

Gauld is phenomenal. Such a clever little player. The last player I saw with his passing ability in the SPL was Lubo Moravčík.

Gauld is phenomenal. Such a clever little player. The last player I saw with his passing ability in the SPL was Lubo Moravčík.
And that comment underlines the fact that Wolves wouldn't have even stood a chance of him stepping foot into Compton.

Jennings was seen as a big thing as I remember it. I saw him for Tranmere against Orient I think and he was class

Jennings was never rated anywhere near as highly as Gauld as far as I can remember. Really hope he does well in Portugal and maybe one day comes to the Premier League as a superstar.

Back