• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

FL72 Transfers ‏@FL72Transfers 3m
BREAKING: Wolves have made a £1.1m bid for Leicester striker Chris Wood, who is very keen on the move.

I believe that Leicester City would prefer it to be a loan move to begin with. Not too sure why as they have money to burn, and will be going on a spending spree after the world cup.

I don't go in for the "done nothing to warrant being dropped". If a better player is available, buy the better player. Not sure if Maguire is better than the other two but if he or anyone else is signed and appears to be then thats who I want starting opening day.

The problem is with the calibre of players we can attract, we just won't know if they're better than what we've got, personally I favour starting with the players that did so well last season and then if they don't work out, try someone else.

The problem is with the calibre of players we can attract, we just won't know if they're better than what we've got, personally I favour starting with the players that did so well last season and then if they don't work out, try someone else.

But if things do not work out then the players who KJ wants may not be available any more. I think he is correct in moving early in the transfer market.

But if things do not work out then the players who KJ wants may not be available any more. I think he is correct in moving early in the transfer market.

Oh I agree Frank that we need to strengthen, but I still think we should start with "the players who have nothing to be dropped" as to me we looked a really well balanced side most of last season and while the additions will be useful, don't think that any of the players we bring in will necessarily be better than what we already have, but its good to have players to drop in if current ones prove to be not up to it.

The first choice XI looks strong and worthy of putting in a decent challenge for the top six. Beyond that there is a significant drop off in quality in all areas. The squad needs a lot of improvement.

We shouldn't be just making up the numbers in this division, if we want to compete then we have to be adding players now.

The first choice XI looks strong and worthy of putting in a decent challenge for the top six. Beyond that there is a significant drop off in quality in all areas. The squad needs a lot of improvement.

We shouldn't be just making up the numbers in this division, if we want to compete then we have to be adding players now.

+1

Twitter reporting this morning that third bid for Maguire has been accepted and that 3 year deal set to be signed.
Have to say I'd be very pleased with that - partner DB with Stears covering CB and RB

Im just wondering if this news if true will make Stears reconsider a new contract ?

Im just wondering if this news if true will make Stears reconsider a new contract ?

I think Stears has more pace than Batth or Maguire so will be a handy player to have. I don't see why he will be afraid of a little competition for his place in the team. He should expect that wherever he is

Same goes for Maguire - if he wants to step up from League One then he's going to face competition wherever he goes

Sheffield United look like they will be signing Butler from Walsall so he'll face competition if he stays too.

Who knows whats going through Stears mind. He may be thinking he wants to be somewhere that he'll be first choice.

I would expect Stearman to be first choice anyway whoever we sign, certainly at the beginning of the season, then its up to him to hold on to the shirt

I'm not sure Stears isn't the better between him and Batth, though obviously I've seen very little of the latter, what I have seen hasn't fully convinced me.

Who knows whats going through Stears mind. He may be thinking he wants to be somewhere that he'll be first choice.

Then he would need to consider dropping down the divisions because if he was clearly good enough to be a certain first choice in the Championship....he should be playing in the Premier League.

Ever since the Maguire story broke there have been comments all over the place about what this means for Stearman and his contract - there is barely any relationship between the two things other than the position they play. Any footballer is going to understand that there are likely to be players coming in every year.

The biggest factor in his decision will be the money in offer and the length of contract.

If Stearman wants guaranteed 1st team appearances then no point in being at a club that is looking for at least top 6 in the Championship (which is what I trust we are seeking).

New signings or not agree with TSB that whether he resigns will depend on contract & money. Regardless of the Maguire situation, would trust that Stearman resigns. He appears to have enjoyed himself with us last season & played well enough to back himself to take the shirt next year.

Back