• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

The times i have seen Chris Wood he was far better on the ground than in the air, bit like Bully, uses his physicality to gain an advantage. Very difficult to shake off the ball and runs the channels all day long.

Sky reporting that Stearman has agreed a new deal with us (Nashy is currently looking at internet forums and Twitter to see if its true)

Tim Nash ‏@TimNash_star 4m
Being told by #Wolves that @the_stears is close to agreeing a new deal but nothing is confirmed yet.

With Stearman signing a new deal, what does that mean for Maguire? He certainly won't come here to sit on the bench. Danny Batth has done nothing to merit being dropped either, especially given that KJ sees him as vice captain. Is this code for 3-5-2 next season at some point?

Or are we trying to create competition and push them to keep improving? I don't think Jackett will go with 3 at the back when we've got a pretty good set up as it is

With Stearman signing a new deal, what does that mean for Maguire? He certainly won't come here to sit on the bench. Danny Batth has done nothing to merit being dropped either, especially given that KJ sees him as vice captain. Is this code for 3-5-2 next season at some point?

No, its code for we need more than 2 centre backs

You're right, we'll have very good competition for CB places at this level if nothing else. Spearmint has been a revelation over the past year or so and I'm glad he's re-signing.

Thats football though isn't it.

I don't go in for the "done nothing to warrant being dropped". If a better player is available, buy the better player. Not sure if Maguire is better than the other two but if he or anyone else is signed and appears to be then thats who I want starting opening day.

FL72 Transfers ‏@FL72Transfers 3m
BREAKING: Wolves have made a £1.1m bid for Leicester striker Chris Wood, who is very keen on the move.

I've heard small rumours that are most likely bullshit about Guedioura making a return to Wolves

I've heard small rumours that are most likely bullshit about Guedioura making a return to Wolves

It's on Twitter this morning. We already have Sako, do we need another player who likes to shoot from the centre circle?

Ah right, didn't realise it had come from twitter, must be true then.

Back