• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Starting to feel confident about this signing.

That's fucked it!!

Apparently they have turned down £1M and £1.2M so far...

Trev - can you do us a summary of rumours/confirmed in your first post please for us irregular visitors to this forum that don't follow the threads as much as we should...? :D

Basically we've signed Dizzy Rowe and a young jock, the rest is the usual stuff that you would have seen before last season, the season before that etc, but different names.

Basically we've signed Dizzy Rowe and a young jock, the rest is the usual stuff that you would have seen before last season, the season before that etc, but different names.

Don't forget the 19 year old from Barcelona.....

Oh yeah, that's Dizzy, Jock and Manuel, don't blame me it's that Farage bloke.

I hope the nickname 'Dizzy' will stick! I can hear the South Bank singing it, already.

Yes please..please sign chris wood!!!

He'd be a brilliant signing but I imagine pretty much every team in the championship would be interested if he became available.

Jackett's previous relationship could swing it for us, as long as we stump up whatever wages he wants.

If we do sign Wood or a player like him, how would they fit into our attack?

I think the best thing about signing Dicko last season was that he seemed like the last piece of the puzzle. He stretched defences with his pace and willingness to run in behind and opened up gaps for Sako/Jacobs/Edwards/Henry/McDonald to exploit. If we have a player like Wood, I can only see him working in a 4-4-2 alongside Dicko which means altering a winning formula and sacrificing one of our attacking midfielders. It's one of the main reasons why I was so against signing Leon Clarke (the other reason being the fact that he's utter shite).

There's no guarantee Dicko will continue his good form into the Championship or all season for that matter. We need other options.

I accept that but I just don't think a 'target man' type striker will ever work with the rest of our players.

The only concern I have with us signing Wood is the temptation to play long to him when things aren't going well. That said, I haven't seen much of him so I'm only going what others know of him. He's still pretty young isn't he too?

Back