• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Clake's replacement has been found under a council car park around the corner from the Crisp Bowl:

images

Looks like he's got dead aim. Sign him up.

Sent from my Langers with Langertalk

On a side note, isn't that Richard III's skeleton?

Pete O'Rourke reckons that Rowe and 'a Dutch winger' will sign soon. La Parra?

No it was a council car park in Leicester city centre.

I'm getting flashbacks to that programme about it with THE most annoying woman in the entire world ever.

Pete O'Rourke reckons that Rowe and 'a Dutch winger' will sign soon. La Parra?

Van la Parra would be fantastic. Both on a free as well.

We were linked with a young Dutch winger under Solbakken but I can't remember his name. Our scouts do have a habit of sticking with a target, as we've seen with Jacobs, Dicko, etc.

Van la Parra would be fantastic. Both on a free as well.

We were linked with a young Dutch winger under Solbakken but I can't remember his name. Our scouts do have a habit of sticking with a target, as we've seen with Jacobs, Dicko, etc.

O'Rourke just tweeted back saying it is La Parra who should be signing. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Jeoren Lumu! That was the one! He's playing in Bulgaria now though so I doubt that we're after him.

We were also linked with a guy called Guus Hupperts at one point IIRC.

Looks like everyone's a winner if the Clarke deal is kosher, i still maintain it was shot to nothing for us last Jan, we were in the position to sign the Leagues leading scorer, luckily for us we had our own version of the 'SAS' so he was surplus to requirements.

O'Rourke just tweeted back saying it is La Parra who should be signing. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Ah, OK. Hopefully we can get him signed up then.

Looks like everyone's a winner if the Clarke deal is kosher, i still maintain it was shot to nothing for us last Jan, we were in the position to sign the Leagues leading scorer, luckily for us we had our own version of the 'SAS' so he was surplus to requirements.

Not really, we knew how crap he was, of all the clubs in a position to know that his goal tally didn't tell the whole story we were best placed of all.

Horrific signing on every level.

Not really, we knew how crap he was, of all the clubs in a position to know that his goal tally didn't tell the whole story we were best placed of all.

Horrific signing on every level.

:surrender:

Clarke was clearly a bit of a panic buy. You can't let 3 strikers leave and only bring one in.

It seemed like we signed him on the basis that we didn't already have a big lump to throw up top for the final 20 minutes of a game.

Clarke was clearly a bit of a panic buy. You can't let 3 strikers leave and only bring one in.

I wouldn't call it a panic buy. You could see the reason behind it (if you ignore his previous), he was the Leagues top scorer. Just that Dicko hit form straight away and then Dave Edwards hit the hottest form of his Wolves career. We signed him to score the goals to get us up, in the end it didn't matter he only scored one and spent the back end of the season on his arse.

I wouldn't call it a panic buy. You could see the reason behind it (if you ignore his previous), he was the Leagues top scorer. Just that Dicko hit form straight away and then Dave Edwards hit the hottest form of his Wolves career. We signed him to score the goals to get us up, in the end it didn't matter he only scored one and spent the back end of the season on his arse.

Doyle-lite (or heavy as is this case)

Clarke was a real crap signing, and seemed very odd/put of character to our transfer market approach since Jackett was appointed. I can on,y think that he was bought in because of his record at league one level, as cover just in case Dicko got injured.

Get rid of him ASAP.

Back