• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

More an all rounder than a snotter, but different to anything we currently have

We definitely need a centre midfielder if we are going to continue playing 442. Drinkwater fits the bill.

Nick Powell could be another Id like us to go for. If we are playing 442 he's another option up front or he could play behind the forward. We can't go on with Doyle the back up option

Isn't Powell the one who's had attitude problems? Doubt he'd want to come here to warm the bench (maybe start sporadically) if so.

Knew you would come round to my way of thinking.....

A midfield general is desperately needed, showed again last night as our midfield was over run by a busy Bournemouth

A midfield general is desperately needed, showed again last night as our midfield was over run by a busy Bournemouth

We never had the midfielders to play 442 in the first place, I don't think anyone disagrees with that. Thankfully McDonald is stepping up his performances, but he needs help

No-one disagreed with you over the need for a midfielder.

It was your use of out-dated terms such as 'midfield general' and your obsession with 'investment' that people laughed at.

KJ has apparently said Jacobs can now go out on loan. Rumours are coventry are interested.

If true, I'd suspect we're bringing in a loan to take his place in the squad.

KJ has apparently said Jacobs can now go out on loan. Rumours are coventry are interested.

If true, I'd suspect we're bringing in a loan to take his place in the squad.

Presume that that is likely as we only have 20 or so in the 'first team' squad & wouldn't want to drop much from that to allow for injuries (I know we have the U21s, but assume that if the club thought that any of them were ready for promotion then it would have happened)

No-one disagreed with you over the need for a midfielder.

It was your use of out-dated terms such as 'midfield general' and your obsession with 'investment' that people laughed at.

That's because I am old and don't give. Shit whether it is the right term....

If you are bright enough...you wouldn't too ;)

I'm getting really bored with the edgmond vs the world shit taking over the forum - any chance you can all just drop it and talk about the wolves instead?

Personally I get what he means with the midfielder he mentions, people say that we need a 10 or a creative player, for me we have too many "fancy dans" who are capable of brilliance or nothing, what I think we need is some steel. I have no interest in Powell, but would be keen on the Drinkwater stuff being true.

Personally i would prefer Drinkbeer instead of Drinkwater..but hey thats just me :)

I'd prefer Drinkwhiskey, more spirit than the above two. :)

well its certainly up there and better than Drinkwater... ;) seriously though i would like to see the guy in gold and black...

That's weird, I was thinking the other I wouldn't mind him at Wolves . I would still prefer playing Golbourne regularly.

Back