• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Anyone else think Afobe could play the number ten role with Dicko in number nine?

He probably can, but would need a bit of time to get used to the role - this season is likely to be the one to achieve that as a top six is possible but not a certainty.

There is no Jackett out or similar, merely questioning of decision making, team selection and tactics.

I don't want to put peoples posts up to prove my point. It just becomes a long pointless argument.

People have said he is not good enough to take us further.

A poster said, " He's 53, so won't be able to change his style" now.

A poster also said "If we don't finish in the top six, he should go".

A poster said, "I am really unsure he can take us to the next level."

I support KJ 100%., He came to Wolves and brought dignity back to our club.

Do you think our squad is good enough to get promoted? I f not, why didn't we sign an upgrade for Edwards( who I also think get undeserved stick).
If you are 7th in the league and you want to get promoted, you have to try to upgrade and push on.
You have to do something. There are lots of excuses why you don't. But in my opinion, they are weak excuses.

With ambition there are risks. A little like when MM was sacked. We could have chosen from 2 managers, with PL experience, who would have wanted to spend money in the January Transfer market. We chose a coach who had never been a manager. No experience at all, to keep us in the PL. Someone who wouldn't cost anything. Someone who already was on the club salary list. We all know too well, what that mistake cost our great club

I think and hope, that kenny is with us for a long time.

Last edited:
I don't want to put peoples posts up to prove my point. It just becomes a long pointless argument.

People have said he is not good enough to take us further.

Also, He's 53, so won't be able to change his style no
w.

Also, If we don't finish in the top six, he should go.

I support KJ 100%., He came to Wolves and brought dignity back to our club.

Do you think our squad is good enough to get promoted? I f not, why didn't we sign an upgrade for Edwards( who I also think get undeserved stick).
If you are 7th in the league and you want to get promoted, you have to try to upgrade and push on.
You have to do something. There are lots of excuses why you don't. But in my opinion, they are weak excuses.

With ambition there are risks. A little like when MM was sacked. We could have chosen from 2 managers, with PL experience, who would have wanted to spend money in the January Transfer market. We chose a coach who had never been a manager. No experience at all, to keep us in the PL. Someone who wouldn't cost anything. Someone who already was on the club salary list. We all know too well, what that mistake cost our great club

I think and hope, that kenny is with us for a long time.

I too hope Kenny is with us for a long time too

But we are still short in key positions and the squad is threadbare

So managers can't learn to change just because they're 53? I don't buy that at all.

Indeed, you only need look at the difference in West Ham this season from the archetypal Fat Sam stuff.

Not sure why arguments have been invented here. No-one has said they want the manager out if we don't make the top six, no-one has said Edwards wasn't good enough a few weeks ago and then changed their view and said we don't need to improve on him.

Indeed, you only need look at the difference in West Ham this season from the archetypal Fat Sam stuff.

Not sure why arguments have been invented here. No-one has said they want the manager out if we don't make the top six, no-one has said Edwards wasn't good enough a few weeks ago and then changed their view and said we don't need to improve on him.

Well, Norman said he'd want KJ out if we finished 8th or lower, but that's just one of us.

So managers can't learn to change just because they're 53? I don't buy that at all.

I never said that Alan. I was asked to show that some posters don't think he is good enough and don't back him. It was what someone else said.

They are some of the things that have been said about KJ in the last few days. People have short memories.

I never said that Alan. I was asked to show that some posters don't think he is good enough and don't back him. It was what someone else said.

They are some of the things that have been said about KJ in the last few days. People have short memories.

They don't have short memories, it's just incredibly naive to think that just because Kenny got us up last season that he can't be criticised and some can't begin to wonder about him as his selections, tactics and subs have been questionable at times.

Jackett will remain as gaffer going into the new season and rightly so. But he has to get it right in the summer transfer window and make us a proper promotion challenging team next season and early doors.

I would say that if we're not at least 6th by the beginning of December next season then we should start looking elsewhere.

They don't have short memories, it's just incredibly naive to think that just because Kenny got us up last season that he can't be criticised and some can't begin to wonder about him as his selections, tactics and subs have been questionable at times.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion Slink You are a decent poster and I always read your posts!

On the Reading verdict thread, you said you didn't want KJ to go, but were really unsure that he's good enough to take us to the next level! You did say you would like to be proved wrong, but if you read your whole post it is clear you don't think he is good enough.( even though you want to be proved wrong) I hope that is a fair interpretation! Feel free to tell me if I'm wrong.

Do you think the squad is good enough to get promoted?

Of course you are entitled to your opinion Slink You are a decent poster and I always read your posts!

On the Reading verdict thread, you said you didn't want KJ to go, but were really unsure that he's good enough to take us to the next level! You did say you would like to be proved wrong, but if you read your whole post it is clear you don't think he is good enough.( even though you want to be proved wrong) I hope that is a fair interpretation! Feel free to tell me if I'm wrong.

Do you think the squad is good enough to get promoted?

At the moment you are right i don't think he is good enough to push us on, i want to see him adapt this side and make us less predictable. Does that mean i don't think he can adapt then the answer is no but he's got to do it quite soon or at least show signs.

Yes i do think the squad is good enough to get us promoted if allowed to play to it's strengths and our best players keep fit. I also think we should have added to our squad more than we have and yes i realise you can't just pick a player and get him but our scouting should have identified players we need and are available. With the right additions i think we would be right in the play-off hunt whereas right now i think we will be just out of it.

I too hope Kenny is with us for a long time too

But we are still short in key positions and the squad is threadbare

That is the point I am trying to get across. If we are short of key players, it is difficult to push for promotion.

I don't believe KJ is to blame for not signing the player(s) we need.But he is the one taking the flack.

At the moment you are right i don't think he is good enough to push us on, i want to see him adapt this side and make us less predictable. Does that mean i don't think he can adapt then the answer is no but he's got to do it quite soon or at least show signs.

Yes i do think the squad is good enough to get us promoted if allowed to play to it's strengths and our best players keep fit. I also think we should have added to our squad more than we have and yes i realise you can't just pick a player and get him but our scouting should have identified players we need and are available. With the right additions i think we would be right in the play-off hunt whereas right now i think we will be just out of it.
Thanks Slink, I respect your valid opinions and am sorry I had to use what you said to back up my point.

Thanks Slink, I respect your valid opinions and am sorry I had to use what you said to back up my point.

No worries, this forum is here for us to give opinions and use what others have said to base them and so on. Like i said on the verdict thread i hope KJ proves what i am beginning to think to be wrong and as soon as possible, starting Tuesday night.

No worries, this forum is here for us to give opinions and use what others have said to base them and so on. Like i said on the verdict thread i hope KJ proves what i am beginning to think to be wrong and as soon as possible, starting Tuesday night.

I can only get to 4 or 5 matches a year. So the verdicts and peoples opinions are all I have to go on.
Thanks again, Slink.

We are very predictable in the way that we play. We don't seem to have a plan B but our main issue is we don't move the ball with pace. It is a slow deliberate build up which allows the opposition to set their defence.

Oh and we don't shoot from outside the box

Back