• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Even if it's been cancelled? I thought that meant it ended there and then and he was owed nothing as opposed to giving him a free and paying him up? Still, I admit I'm a thick twat who's always wrong so no surprises there.

Mutual agreement = We will give you the money we owe you until June if you piss off now. Comes from zero interest in him from any club, his desire to earn his 30 or so K a week and Wolves desire to remove him from the playing staff.

Even if it's been cancelled? I thought that meant it ended there and then and he was owed nothing as opposed to giving him a free and paying him up? Still, I admit I'm a thick twat who's always wrong so no surprises there.

He's not going to just accept cancellation when we owe him money. We have no way of selling him now so are either paying him to be at the club or pay him to not be at the club. Small chance they may have come to some middle ground as he is now able to earn money elsewhere on top.

But I think the club would prefer him to be out the door

Mutual agreement = We will give you the money we owe you until June if you piss off now. Comes from zero interest in him from any club, his desire to earn his 30 or so K a week and Wolves desire to remove him from the playing staff.

Or most of the money. Get a lump now rather than the whole £500k or so (yes, really) he was owed.

Alan - he was not our best player in 2012/13. Even allowing for it being a remarkably low bar. He was shit.

Don't be surprised to see Doyle do the same in the coming days

Or most of the money. Get a lump now rather than the whole £600k (yes, really) he was owed.

Alan - he was not our best player in 2012/13. Even allowing for it being a remarkably low bar. He was shit.

He started off well under Stale. Certainly stepped up from his disaster the season before and got the fans back on side. Didn't last long though and the less said about his performances under Dean the better

Well, for one I don't think he was the poison in the locker room, rather he was the one that tipped the poison (Henry and Hennessey, IMO) over.

But mostly I just think it's sad when players who used to be good go off the deep end so hard. It's a shame. I also have sympathy for any player who can't give away his shirt at the end of a season, especially considering that in said season he was our best player for a while.

It's no big deal in the end as he has been paid to do nothing for a while now, but still, kind of sad.
He was not close to being our best player, although he wasn't the worst. Berra was the best centre half that year until Deano did what Deano does and binned the best player from the position. Sako the best player overall

Or most of the money. Get a lump now rather than the whole £500k or so (yes, really) he was owed.

Wth his attitude of being here for the money, I think he would have happily taken his wage until June so it won't be much of a reduced pay off.

He started off well under Stale. Certainly stepped up from his disaster the season before and got the fans back on side. Didn't last long though and the less said about his performances under Dean the better

FWIW I attributed the drop off under Saunders to have a lot to do with putting him next to Gorkss. Mobility of a Civil War ironclad, those two.

The man's a twat, he won't be missed and in general he played shit. Farewell dick head

FWIW I attributed the drop off under Saunders to have a lot to do with putting him next to Gorkss. Mobility of a Civil War ironclad, those two.

He was pretty "below par" before Saunders came in and then stepped it down with the pace merchant Kaspers next to him.

He was better than in the PL but not by much. Same old ridiculous diving into tackles and showing forwards inside rather than outside. Showed a bit of pashun but no quality. As Tony says Berra was far superior. Johnson looked better in the opposition box than ours.

Berra better than rojo? That's a "which is the tallest snake" competition if ever I saw one.

Good riddance to both the useless bastards.

Johnson was a flop at Wolves and his belligerence didn't help anybody.
I don't think he realises yet how much this episode will affect his future career.

FWIW there are reports that Big Sam wants him as cover even though he wasn't liked by the fans.

Does this now mean we can now remove the wanky ending to the Danny Batth chant

Back