• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

If we think he's talented and going to progress into a top level player then I don't see a problem with it

Would seem remarkably pointless given that we have Batth, Stearman, EEL, Hause and Iorfa to play there and none of them are leaving, and none of them are getting on in years. Not that you would want to move Iorfa, but if you had to you could.

My thoughts exactly.

It would not be a straight into the first eleven player, you would imagine, unless he absolutely knocked the lights out. However, when you look at the requirements of a lot of the people wanting many signings this window they went

- Striker (Afobe)
- Number 10
- Cover for Sako
- Cover at Centre Back.

I can't see any harm in getting this player to join the squad.

However, certain parts of the interweb will go "not another one for the future, jam tomorrow, what about today......morgan and moxey out. boooooooooooooooo"

Would seem remarkably pointless given that we have Batth, Stearman, EEL, Hause and Iorfa to play there and none of them are leaving, and none of them are getting on in years. Not that you would want to move Iorfa, but if you had to you could.

Except that Stearman and EEL aren't going to be top class. And Batth probably isn't.

Haven't Crewe been getting ommered this season?

Except that Stearman and EEL aren't going to be top class. And Batth probably isn't.

Imo, Stearman is a decent Champ CB and an ok Prem back up. I've only seen EEL play 3-4 times and I think he could make it, last time I saw him was against Forest and until he went off injured half time he looked good, in fact while not playing very well we looked pretty comfortable at the back, soon as he went off we fell apart.

My definition of "top class" for where we are at the moment would be the question: could this player make the Championship team of the year now or in the future? I think the answer to that for Stearman and EEL is no. Batth is 'possible but unlikely. Iorfa is 'yes, definitely' and Hause is - for me - 'yes, quite possibly.'

Last edited:
Stearman has made it before though. I think he's been very good since he came back in.

The point is this kid isn't going to get a sniff. He has to be better than Hause to get on the bench.

My definition of "top class" for where we are at the moment would be the question: could this player make the Championship team of the year now or in the future? I think the answer to that for Stearman and EEL is no. Batth is 'possible but unlikely. Iorfa is 'yes, definitely' and Hause is - for me - 'yes, quite possibly.'

Only Iorfa and Hause IMO can develop into Prem players

We've let Ben 'Judas' Priest leave on a free to Dundee. Genuinely never heard of him.

Can I just be the first to say that he is brilliant and he will be a success and one day come back and make us regret letting him go.

Can I just be the first to say that he is brilliant and he will be a success and one day come back and make us regret letting him go.

No you can't.

Tough, I said it.

Put that in your Hobbit pipe and smoke it....

If Sako doesn't go (seems pretty obvious he isn't leaving) then that means he will have seen out his contract despite strong interest from elsewhere for the final two thirds of it. We've never accepted a bid. I'm no great advocate of Morgan but to be fair to him - loads of owners would have just taken the money ages ago. If we genuinely had 'no ambition' we'd just have sold him. After all we aren't getting relegated.

Lingard pulled from the Utd U21 squad due to a loan bid. Not sure who

He's left the club with "immediate effect"

:disco:

Back