• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Do people still take the transfer deadline day off work?

Probably just a cunning ploy by Jez so that when we pass each other division wise at the end of the season :icon_smile: we can buy him back for less

Do people still take the transfer deadline day off work?

Can't justify that as a Wolves fan. I'd be too inclined to drown myself in the bathtub with its immediate availability.

Sent from my Langers with Langertalk

What complete bollocks that is. Just re-hashing the old l'equipe story and putting a nonsensical spin on it.

In more confirmed news Tony Fernandes has tweeted that they will not be opening the chequebook at all today at QPR.

I'm looking forward to next August's transfer window. No more baseless speculation over Sako leaving.

What's this perfect world you live in?

One of three things will have happened by then:

1) We will have been promoted and he will have signed a new deal, so won't be leaving

2) We will still be in this league, he will have signed a new deal with the proviso that if we don't go up this time he'll be off 12 months later, so won't be leaving

3) As is most likely, we will still be in this league and he will have left at the end of his contract

Although it is now something of a tradition to wet the bed at any time that he is going to leave, so maybe there'll be a bit of it for old time's sake even if we don't own him any more.

Although it is now something of a tradition to wet the bed at any time that he is going to leave, so maybe there'll be a bit of it for old time's sake even if we don't own him any more.

I suppose it'll be 'Sako's leaving <insert name of new club here> - why ay we in for 'im? We ay got no ambishun. Morgan dow care' etc, etc, repeat to fade, etc.

I suppose it'll be 'Sako's leaving <insert name of new club here> - why ay we in for 'im? We ay got no ambishun. Morgan dow care' etc, etc, repeat to fade, etc.

We need to push the boat out.

Fraser Fyvie released by Wigan, I wouldn't mind us having a look at him. Was very highly rated a couple of years ago. Couldn't do any harm to take him on trial and see how he goes.

I suggested that last season and got slammed for it.

Not to say that the squad can't or shouldn't be improved on, but we have a sizeable section of support that perpetually believes the squad is at least two players short and always wants another £2-5m spent, whatever the club do. It wears very thin.

Given that we still have £70k a week bleeding out of the club in Doyle and Johnson we are restricted in what we can do. Pretty much everyone would have targeted a striker to compete with Dicko and cover for any of his absences properly - and we got one, a player who didn't come cheap and will hopefully serve the club well for many years to come. I find it very disappointing that the club acted sharply to get this done yet it somehow gets glossed over - even though it was clearly the most pressing need and we sorted it out. Doubtless had Afobe signed for someone else we'd never hear the end of it.

Deutch you talk al ot of sense on here ,but on this you IMO are very wrong.

In December a board member told me that they were looking to strengthen in at least two areas and that several targets for each position had been indentified and the money made available to secure the signings

I assume that the targeted players would fit into the money allocated for this window.
All we have got is Afobe, who I hope will be a great player for us.

So clearly the club has recognised a need for several new players, but not signed them. All I can assume is that the budget allocated was too small which shows a lack of real desire from Morgen to get promoted. Or that they decided to spend it all on Afobe. Therefore budget was only @ £2m which for a financially stable club of our size having received an £8m parachute payment (I believe) in August is just not good enough

Just to let you know, I have had a Season ticket for 30 years and first went to a game in 1975.

So not a TV expert

Back