• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

could Doyle not play in a No10 role? If he's here we may aswell use him. I've always rated his ability on the ball. He holds the ball up well brings others into the game and can make things happen. Especially at this level.

No chance. He was shite in League One.

could Doyle not play in a No10 role? If he's here we may aswell use him. I've always rated his ability on the ball. He holds the ball up well brings others into the game and can make things happen. Especially at this level.

He does none of those things

Agree with Deutsch and Premier Quality above.

Only expected play-off challenge this year and we are well poised for that with Afobe acquisition and Dicko/Golbourne/Doherty back fit that is like 3 news signings and then with Sako coming back into the mix I think we are easily good enough to compete.

We don't want the 'last piece in the jigsaw' to be another Roger Johnson.

Not to say that the squad can't or shouldn't be improved on, but we have a sizeable section of support that perpetually believes the squad is at least two players short and always wants another £2-5m spent, whatever the club do. It wears very thin.

Given that we still have £70k a week bleeding out of the club in Doyle and Johnson we are restricted in what we can do. Pretty much everyone would have targeted a striker to compete with Dicko and cover for any of his absences properly - and we got one, a player who didn't come cheap and will hopefully serve the club well for many years to come. I find it very disappointing that the club acted sharply to get this done yet it somehow gets glossed over - even though it was clearly the most pressing need and we sorted it out. Doubtless had Afobe signed for someone else we'd never hear the end of it.

We still need

An upgrade on number 10
An experienced midfield general

We won't get them we lack ambition

I think we need a no 10, but I'd rather we persevere with mcd, price and/or Evans in midfield - they will all make very good CMs at some point, playing some over the hill overpaid ex-prem player will set them back.

Anyone ever ponder how Evans might work out if given an extended run at the 10 position? Think he'd potentially do well there, or not quite the right attributes?

Anyone ever ponder how Evans might work out if given an extended run at the 10 position? Think he'd potentially do well there, or not quite the right attributes?
He played there some last season apparently.

How you say, WUM?

I am very far from that....but if you challenge the established posters here the little clan all herd together....

At least i go to the matches the vast majority here watch it on the telly and base their opinions on ten minutes of highlights

I am very far from that....but if you challenge the established posters here the little clan all herd together....

At least i go to the matches the vast majority here watch it on the telly and base their opinions on ten minutes of highlights

Pathetic stuff. I'm not sure which line is worse tbh.

I don't need anyone to "herd together" with me to say you talk cliche-ridden nonsense.

We're not attempting to psychically read the minds of Morgan, Moxey, et al, though. Which you seem more than comfortable claiming you can do. Use your common sense, mate.

As I said....two appear together...

oh come on Edge, i scrap fairly regularly with everyone on here, and i don't call foul every time the majority disagree with me.
Where the hell is the fun in that?.
The forum has attracted, not surprisngly a group of relatively like minded thinkers, which after the days of 606 and Mol Mix, can't be all that bad, can it?.

Me, i love a challenge, I am pretty unorthodox in everything i do, and sometimes......ha ha, I drink too much cypro, open mouth before engaging addled brain, and thus get shit, but you know what?, i don't get over pissed off about it, because reason tells me, we are talking mostly about football, which unless you have forgotten is a game!!!!.

Argue back, give them shit back, but make a point to support your argument, even if it is only your opinion.

Taking your ball home and crying to your mom every time the so called gang won't let you score, is, as I am sure you are more than intelligent enough to realise, nothing short of childish.

oh come on Edge, i scrap fairly regularly with everyone on here, and i don't call foul every time the majority disagree with me.
Where the hell is the fun in that?.
The forum has attracted, not surprisngly a group of relatively like minded thinkers, which after the days of 606 and Mol Mix, can't be all that bad, can it?.

Me, i love a challenge, I am pretty unorthodox in everything i do, and sometimes......ha ha, I drink too much cypro, open mouth before engaging addled brain, and thus get $#@!, but you know what?, i don't get over pissed off about it, because reason tells me, we are talking mostly about football, which unless you have forgotten is a game!!!!.

Argue back, give them $#@! back, but make a point to support your argument, even if it is only your opinion.

Taking your ball home and crying to your mom every time the so called gang won't let you score, is, as I am sure you are more than intelligent enough to realise, nothing short of childish.

Oh I can fight, don't worry about that

When people like to tie your arms behind your back....I will fight dirty

South Bank boy since I was eight...nearly fifty years

A lot on here think they are sooo intellectual......

Me I think they sit in the Billy Wright and just tut

Back