• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Penk's new title :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

I still don't understand what the devil mine is about.

When I see articles like this the cynic in me kicks in. I've never thought Sako will go this window, but I'm now questioning it. We'll know soon enough one way or another

I saw they offered £3m for him, tbh since he's out-of of contract and if he wanted to go to qpr I'd take that.

Mind, he'd have to be a right fucking idiot to go to a club manged by that disgraceful cunt.

Clubs will pay as £3ish million isn't really much in the grand scheme of things. He would be silly to leave though unless he can negotiate some kind of relegation release clause. But that might be a bit of a risk because if he has a poor season through form or injury, then people might not be willing to meet the clause.

I was saying the other week that Scott Golborne's twitter account clearly wasn't run by him, and seeing those quotes attributed to him makes me believe that stronger, seems a very astute and level headed person, probably the sort of person that has an average amount of qualifications and IQ scoring by British footballer standards! which is why he isn't interested in any of the "gutted we couldn't get the points today, fans were immense though, thanks everyone, on to next week" style of twitter bollocks that 95% of the countries footballers indulge in.

We know that Wolves are fairly conservative when it comes to money but I'm pretty sure that they will weigh any transfer offer against the additional chance of getting in the Premier League by keeping Sako. First, how much is getting into the premiership worth - a minimum of 1 season + 4 parachute payments - £75 million? So if keeping Sako gives us an extra 5% chance of going up, it would be worth refusing at least up to £3.75 million. If you think we will give us an extra 10% chance, it would be worth refusing anything up to £7.5 million and so on.

If he is sold, which personally I doubt, it is going to be for a lot more than £3million unless Kenny Jackett is very confident that he can get promotion without Sako.

There are other considerations apart from money where Sako is concerned. The effect he has on the team, esp. Dicko, is difficult to quantify, and he is so unpredictable he can completely confound the opposition defence.
We are a better team with him in it.

Back