• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Dirty big tease!

Will it generate a fair bit of excitement?
Or one for the future?

Penk, that's just evil...You can't do that! ;)

I'm hopeful of Lingard.

If they've already been signed I'm surprised we have left it til Monday when they could play tomorrow? Unless they weren't signed by mid day today.

My guess would be Lingard. And if they've only signed today there's not much point in disrupting the preparation the team's been doing in training to accommodate a guy who probably doesn't even anyone else's names yet...

If it's another striker, does that mean Sako's going or are we just covering our arses?
Either way, it tolls for the death knell for Clarke...

Sako isn't going. Equally he might not be back for a month yet.

Leon is fast becoming an irrelevance and will be gone in five months.

Leon will probably be gone by next week. We have a year's option in our favour with him but I can't see why we'd activate it given that he's made little impact and that we've already established that any fee we could get for him would be nominal at most.

But if he stays, we'll have..
Sako, Afobe, Dicko, Lingard (maybe) and Clarke + others...

Isn't that kind of a lot of strikeforce?

Lingard is more an attacking player than striker although can play there
At his best IMO at number 10 or on either wing.
Absolutely delighted with this

Made a tad more unclear by this from Utd's website..

Warrington-born Jesse Lingard has progressed through the ranks with United after being treated patiently by the coaches, and made his senior debut in the opening game of the 2014/15 season against Swansea City.

The forward has become one of the top English players at Reserves and Under-21 level and has enjoyed two seasons of success both personally and collectively. Proving he can handle the step up from Academy football after lifting the FA Youth Cup, the wiry attacker can play on the flanks or in his preferred central role, just behind the striker.

A clever and assured finisher, he is capable of mixing the spectacular finish with clinical, well-placed shots, he causes problems for defenders with his direct running.

A hard worker who always tracks back for the team, he made an impression during the 2012 DHL tour and was on the bench for the Carling Cup ties against Newcastle and Chelsea. Later in the year, he joined Leicester on loan to obtain some first-team experience but returned to United in time to help Warren Joyce's side win more silverware.

Though in his profile he's a midfielder.
I note that here, he's referred to as a finisher.
Does that mean we have midfielders, attacking midfielders, strikers, finishers and forwards...?

He'd be a superb addition. We'll have some serious pace in the final third with him, Sako, VLP, Afobe and Dicko.

I'd be delighted to if it's Lingard, loan or permanently.

van Gaal seemed to rate him enough to start him (at right wing back bizarrely) in United's first game of the season and he did reasonably well in his loan spells in this division last season.

Back