• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

He's 30. Does seem a strange signing to me, not sure I like it.

I was referring to his age, he's got to be in his thirties.

He's younger than Ricketts was when he signed.

Think Kenny see's the value in having a couple of older heads around a young squad, if Palacios comes in he'd bring a wealth of experience, Premier League experience to boot, and if physically right could help to plug a hole for 12-18 months in the same way Ricketts did last year. Not every transfer can be or has to be long term, sometimes a quick fix or stop gap is all that's needed or available.

He's younger than Ricketts was when he signed.

Think Kenny see's the value in having a couple of older heads around a young squad, if Palacios comes in he'd bring a wealth of experience, Premier League experience to boot, and if physically right could help to plug a hole for 12-18 months in the same way Ricketts did last year. Not every transfer can be or has to be long term, sometimes a quick fix or stop gap is all that's needed or available.

Quit talking sense

I'm not sure if he is physically right, or has the right attitude though. I remember watching him for Honduras in the World Cup, just went round kicking people. Didn't he get himself really stupidly sent off too?

I'm not sure if he is physically right, or has the right attitude though. I remember watching him for Honduras in the World Cup, just went round kicking people. Didn't he get himself really stupidly sent off too?

When I saw him play at the World Cup he looked overweight. He couldn't run properly, as if he was wading through treacle.

He was a mess at the World Cup, no doubt, could easily have sorted himself out in the 6 months since then though, probably be plenty rust around the edges footballing wise but certainly enough time to drop the weight and get his head back in the game.

Been a while since we have been linked with a player that annoys/baffles people. Much more fun than everyone saying how ace they are

Don't see it as a bad signing for 6 months if he can give Price some competition and our midfield depth. We would have Price, Palacios, McD and Evans to fill the deeper slots and Evans/ Edwards/ Afobe (depending on formation) to fill the more attacking midfield role.

I still think we need a LW to compete with Sako and another player to play behind the striker. If we were to sign a Grealish or Lingaard I think we would have a very good team to secure a play off spot or even push for the top 2.

What actually happened to Palacios at Stoke? I thought he was a pretty decent signing for them at the time...

What actually happened to Palacios at Stoke? I thought he was a pretty decent signing for them at the time...

He failed to make an impact under Pulis. He came into the picture for a while under Mark Hughes but faded away again.

I guess we could use a player that can come on and knock some heads together in midfield for the games where we're struggling against a team that really presses - Derby, for example. But as others have said, it's a weird choice, even if he's available on a free. Can only assume we'll be doing what we did with Leon Clarke and giving him the minimum contract we can get away with, like a year.

it could be a masterstroke signing for this season, but who knows. Sometimes you have to roll the dice ....

Well Edgemond Wolf has been asking for a 'snotter'. :icon_rolleyes:

Could be a stroke of genius. If it isn't... Well, we're strong enough in central midfield that it wont matter. Might actually allow Lee Evans to go out on loan and get some more game time under his belt.

Well Edgemond Wolf has been asking for a 'snotter'. :icon_rolleyes:

Could be a stroke of genius. If it isn't... Well, we're strong enough in central midfield that it wont matter. Might actually allow Lee Evans to go out on loan and get some more game time under his belt.

There is a rumour out there about Evans going out on loan to someone, but I'm struggling to find anymore than:

@James_Fielden
@WWFCFancast looks like Rego's comment about Evans going on loan could be true.

I'm guessing Evans' loan would only be short term like Price's earlier in the season? Do they have to wait for the window to close before that can be done?

I'm guessing Evans' loan would only be short term like Price's earlier in the season? Do they have to wait for the window to close before that can be done?

No. He can go on a window - window or emergency loan during the window (See Cassidy for the Window example and Saville for the emergency)

Back