• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

If we still had your experience players in the starting 11 in the PL, we'd be dead certs for relegation.
I wasn't trying to prove otherwise.

You were concerned about young players having their confidence destroyed so I was illustrating the lack of such players. It would be easy to take the couple that are around out of the firing line should it need doing.

The whole point was that promotion is a good thing whenever it happens, regardless of how the team fairs the following season.

You have to take the promotion when it happens - there's no such thing as a right or wrong time as its what you do after then that will dictate your success or otherwise.

Derby just failed last year &, despite their current position, there's no guarantee they will make it this year either. Suspect all their fans wanted promotion last season regardless.

“@James_Fielden: @OfficialWolves have made a bid for Zulte Waregem's Guinean attacker Idrissa Sylla, Belgian press reporting. Five goals in 20apps. #wwfc”

“@James_Fielden: @OfficialWolves have made a bid for Zulte Waregem's Guinean attacker Idrissa Sylla, Belgian press reporting. Five goals in 20apps. #wwfc”

Idrissa Sylla is a Guinean international football player who plays for Zulte Waregem in Belgian Pro League He is also referred to as Waddle due to a similar style of play to Chris Waddle

Sold!

If he does come in that means Léon Clarke will be the next to go this window.

Kenny has said he'd like to add to Afobe's signing but nothing is imminent. Who should we expect through the door tomorrow then?

I think we will be busy in the last few days. We have done the things we wanted to get done early, but I believe we are going to go for the icing and cherry on top in the last week.

I would like to see us be able to play a front four of:
VLP Dicko Afobe Sako
I don't think we have the midfield to do this on a regular basis, so I'd like to see a true all rounder signed in that area. I think we saw yesterday that Price and McDonald will never be the answer in a 2

I thought Price and McDonald were excellent yesterday when Afobe came on. He essentially played as a #10 or a forward that drops deep if you prefer. Edwards was put out left and I think TT that front 4 is more than good enough at this level with Price and McD as the holding players.

I think Lingard would be an excellent acquisition if we can get him as he can play #10 and LW positions. That's a good front 4 combination of any of Dicko, Afobe, Sako, (A.n.Other), Edwards and VLP.

Wouldn't be that surprised if Afobe is our only signing although I think we could do with a number 10, Edwards is playing very well at the moment but we need cover and it seems KJ doesn't fancy Jacobs and Evans doesn't seem quite up to it yet.
As for Price/McDonald not being the answer, I'm not sure, although they both make lots of mistakes we seem better with them than any other combo, Price is young and hopefully will get better, McDonald is probably at his peak now, not sure if he can play Premier league but hopefully he will prove me wrong cos finding replacements that are significantly better is not gunna be easy.
Jackett will not sign players he thinks aren't an upgrade on what we have.

I thought Price and McDonald were excellent yesterday when Afobe came on. He essentially played as a #10 or a forward that drops deep if you prefer. Edwards was put out left and I think TT that front 4 is more than good enough at this level with Price and McD as the holding players.

I think Lingard would be an excellent acquisition if we can get him as he can play #10 and LW positions. That's a good front 4 combination of any of Dicko, Afobe, Sako, (A.n.Other), Edwards and VLP.
McDonald can break forwards, but he doesn't drive at the opposition like I'd like to see in that formation. I just don't think as a pair they will offer enough intensity in a 442. Afobe behind the forward isn't a good use of his talents and like Clarke and Sagbo is a bit of crowbarring in IMO. Fully agree that if we sign a natural No 10 to compete or replace Edwards then you have a unit that in the main are comfortable playing across the front line which could be pretty exciting

Back