• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Isue around a loan back agreement perhaps? Northampton wanted him for the rest of the season, we wanted him here in January?
Wolves loan him until January, he signs permanently then goes back to Northampton on loan, don't see either party contemplating that scenario.

What if a Prem club, who cannot loan at the moment told Northampton to hold fire?

Northampton Town manager Chris Wilder expects Ivan Toney to be the subject of more bids in January, after his move to Wolves fell through in November.
Wilder added: "There were a few things that resulted in that deal not going through. There's been a lot said about the reasons why - we need to keep that confidential.

Full story.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30294515

Does anyone here have any idea why the Ivan Toney deal was aborted? It's a mystery to me. He is the type of player we should be signing and I find it immensely disappointing that his loan and possible permanent signing for us turned out to be a non-event.

Does anyone here have any idea why the Ivan Toney deal was aborted? It's a mystery to me. He is the type of player we should be signing and I find it immensely disappointing that his loan and possible permanent signing for us turned out to be a non-event.

Since Wolves have said nothing and Northampton have said they won't say why, we will never know

So pick one of the following things that have been said, that will fit into our outlook on Wolves

1) He failed the medical
2) Northampton pulled the plug because they decided to hold out for more money in January
3) Morgan/Moxey decided that £500k was about £499K above their budget and pulled out of the deal
4) Scott Golbourne complained about his arrival and demanded the lad has a hair cut, he refused.

Its all conjecture, my guess is the Northampton chairman pulled the plug when he had a second chance to view the terms and thought he could do better in the future.

Everyone knows they're willing to sell now so it could well cause a bidding war and get them more money. I assume we won't be back in for him but you never know.

Its all conjecture, my guess is the Northampton chairman pulled the plug when he had a second chance to view the terms and thought he could do better in the future.
This is my guess too. Waiting for the window to open to draw more teams into bidding.

I fully expect his agent and/or his club to say something about his future nearer the time.

I wonder if Chris Wood will be bored enough of not playing to want a move yet? He's played about 45 minutes of league football plus one 90 minute cup appearance all season. I assume we've properly moved on from that though otherwise we wouldn't have gone for Graham.

I'd definitely still take Wood.

fnarr.

Didn't the Wood move break down due to his high wages?

Yeah it seemed to be his demands, wonder if he'd be more willing to accept less money now? Probably not but I could see someone taking him in January.

Now his arse is full of splinters he may reconsider those demands.

It perhaps indicates there's increased flexibility.

Not sure whether Wood is the answer, given how over-inflated his wage demands were.

Back