• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Better link here.

Clarke and Johnson are not going anywhere, and we're not getting anyone else in (unless something major happens).

I'd ask myself first why we're seeking to make excuses for someone failing in the most basic of duties that a good portion of the 25,000 watching could perform. He wasn't under pressure, they were simple five yard balls with numerous options on. It's just shit play. I'd also ask why he appears to be Teflon in the eyes of the manager.

I like McDonald a lot, he was decent enough in the first half on Saturday. Second half he regressed to the very low standards he's slipped to in all the other games in November. He shouldn't be in the team at the moment because he's actively detrimental to us in this form.
McDonald was appalling vs Blues too. Persisting with a player who isn't on top of the game has cost us before. Mick did it with too many players. It also sends out a poor message to the rest of the squad.

I like Jacobs too, but his performances this year do not merit a place in the 11. Hell, possibly not in the 18.

Price I'd have back as an option, as others have said. I'd possibly worry about having Price & Evans as the 2 in midfield though. Longer term I suspect a midfield of Price & McDonald, with Evans in the 10 role may be our best option, but a lot needs to happen.

I'd ask myself first why we're seeking to make excuses for someone failing in the most basic of duties that a good portion of the 25,000 watching could perform. He wasn't under pressure, they were simple five yard balls with numerous options on. It's just shit play. I'd also ask why he appears to be Teflon in the eyes of the manager.

I like McDonald a lot, he was decent enough in the first half on Saturday. Second half he regressed to the very low standards he's slipped to in all the other games in November. He shouldn't be in the team at the moment because he's actively detrimental to us in this form.

He did but when they revealed the injury they said he had it for a while. Same as they did with McCarey.

KJ really doesn't like giving things to the press unless he has to. I guess the hope was the injury would settle down after a few games but it didn't so he was taken out of the team and then they announced he was crocked and had been for a bit.
This strategy can be problematic though. People don't know what to believe. Indeed, people start downright mistrusting KJs word, or even assuming everything he says is bullshit. This can cause issues with fans - look at some of the Toney reaction.

One of the things KJ wanted to sort when he joined the club was communication with fans. I think he's started to create a different problem now.

What's strange is Kenny seemed to have the plan of a midfield three of McDonald with Evans and Saville in front. Against Charlton and Reading I didn't think it went too terribly we just had Clarke up front and a lack of pace down the right even though Henry was playing well. He's abandoned it for now but with a front three of Sako, Dicko and Rajiv I actually think it could work.

It's more about us missing out on another player we've tried to sign rather than who the player is, which is understandable. We look very amateurish in the transfer market this season.
I was alluding to this in my post above. Instead of saying nothing, we're actively bullshitting publicly. This is likely to create issues between the club & the media, as well as the club and fans.

Personally I think this policy needs drastically re-thinking. Fast.

Saying on mix Toney failed his medical and needs a knee op..

No doubt that was moxey at fault. Trying to buy a player the world knew was injured wasted time that could have been used to get someone else.

Unfortunate for the lad. Hope he ends up a Wolves player some day.

My mate who is a Bristol City fan reckons they were in for Leon Clarke but opted for Matt Smith instead.

Wolves just officially announced the Wilson signing, straight into the academy. The replies on Twitter are hilarious/face palmy

Jordan Graham signed on loan with a view to a permanent deal in Jan. Know next to nothing about him. Will he play in the first team?

Back