• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Danny Ward?

8508429692_10aa83d706_z.jpg

Was Annan the Ghanaian guy who had an epic World Cup in South Africa? Then he just seemed to disappear.

Yep,he played for Rosenborg here in Norway then,and after the WC success Schalke bought him and he never got any traction there.Had a loan to Vitesse where he did alright,no idea what he's doing now tho.

Annan was good for Ghana at this past WC, if I'm thinking of the same person.

We've made a £1M bid for Danny Ward apparently... Why another winger?

Sako is off to the ACON in January and we need cover. Its a big ask to expect VLP to play 40 games in his first season here as well, so I'd welcome the competition. Ward is a decent player with lots of experience at this level.

Sako is off to the ACON in January and we need cover. Its a big ask to expect VLP to play 40 games in his first season here as well, so I'd welcome the competition. Ward is a decent player with lots of experience at this level.

Just a quick read of Huddersfield's forum doesn't fill me with confidence- they all want him gone and see him as an ultra-luxury player who has a good game every 15 games... But in Kenny we trust.

No thanks. We've got more than enough options behind the striker now.

Just a quick read of Huddersfield's forum doesn't fill me with confidence- they all want him gone and see him as an ultra-luxury player who has a good game every 15 games... But in Kenny we trust.

10 goals in 40 games last season in an average Huddersfield side would indicate its more like 1 good game in every 4 ;) he's only 23 and has played over 100 games in the championship. Might it be a case of sour grapes from their fans? Who knows.

Sako is off to the ACON in January and we need cover.

I thought this actually. Weren't we in for Ward last season too? Am I right in thinking that he can play at full back as well?

Sako, van la Parra, Henry, (Jacobs), Bancessi.

I guess we could use one more but...

I thought this actually. Weren't we in for Ward last season too? Am I right in thinking that he can play at full back as well?

Not another Ward who can play every position in the team... we've just got rid of one of them!

According to the Huddersfield forum he's played the number 10 role but looks best out wide. If there is a genuine interest from us (and they also mentioned KJ has been in for him before) maybe it's as cover/competition on the wings and this would allow Jacobs to play in behind the striker?

Annan was good for Ghana at this past WC, if I'm thinking of the same person.

You're not,Annan wasn't part of the 2014 squad.You might be thinking of Andre Ayew...he was decent and has the AA initials. :)

You're not,Annan wasn't part of the 2014 squad.You might be thinking of Andre Ayew...he was decent and has the AA initials. :)

I think I must be confusing him with Afful, who despite his last name did a pretty decent job.

According to Nasher Wolves are looking to move on Johnson, Doyle, Foley and Margreitter before the deadline.

This guy is THE most itk person...

According to Nasher Wolves are looking to move on Johnson, Doyle, Foley and Margreitter before the deadline.

This guy is THE most itk person...

and he reckons Boukari might be difficult to shift due to injury........

Back