• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Maybe this is an ideal chance for us to say to Crewe you may as well take the deal we offered them?

You'd think it's the ideal opportunity for anyone who was interested but couldn't agree a deal with Crewe, any halfway reasonable offer is going to be a bonus to them now if this looks set to happen, then just a case of making your club look a more enticing proposition than Brentford to get Clayton to change his mind.

Maybe this is an ideal chance for us to say to Crewe you may as well take the deal we offered them?

Crewe could say yes but if the lad has signed his contract elsewhere already, nowt we can do about it as the move doesn't hinge on Crewe giving the thumbs up. We could have given Clayton a contract and gone to a tribunial to decide the fee. Something about him prevented us, Sunderland & Bolton from doing that though.

£500k would be the very upper limit for him. By all accounts he did ok (in a poor team) last season over there but outside of the big three of PSG, Marseille and Monaco that league is not awash with money. Even Lyon are relative paupers these days.

Will never understand for the life of me why we made the deal permanent when his performances were already declining and there was so much of the loan left to run.

You'd think it's the ideal opportunity for anyone who was interested but couldn't agree a deal with Crewe, any halfway reasonable offer is going to be a bonus to them now if this looks set to happen, then just a case of making your club look a more enticing proposition than Brentford to get Clayton to change his mind.

I'm sure this isn't ideal for Clayton anyway... Surely it's a lot of effort on his part to sign for a foreign team blah blah blah

Will never understand for the life of me why we made the deal permanent when his performances were already declining and there was so much of the loan left to run.

Possible that other clubs were sniffing around him after his start and intially the club put his drop in form down to not having a proper pre-season?

Possible that other clubs were sniffing around him after his start and intially the club put his drop in form down to not having a proper pre-season?

Perhaps, I'm sure I recall him doing similar at Rennes though, strong start and then a very steep, irreversible decline.

KJ did give him a few games in the 2013/14 pre-season and obviously wasn't keen on what he saw. I think he actually quite likes Boukari as a player, we can just never get him on the pitch. It appears that Stale is the only manager in the world who rates Margreitter and they aren't signing him so not sure what'll happen there.

That came from a guy who also tweeted that we are in for Yakubu and bid 2m for Anthony Annan

Am I the only one that's seen the latest bullshit twitter rumour... Heskey.

I saw that and realised the same dude started the Yakubu rumour a few days ago. Needless to say I wasn't about to get straight on the phone to 'Franksie' about it.

EDIT. A plague upon you, YW.

That came from a guy who also tweeted that we are in for Yakubu and bid 2m for Anthony Annan

Was Annan the Ghanaian guy who had an epic World Cup in South Africa? Then he just seemed to disappear.

Sad about Doumbia but his health and happiness come first. I wish him the best dealing with his depression and playing his football.

So him, Ward and O'Hara recently. I reckon Johnson will get a loan deal somewhere. Not sure about Doyle though, who would take him?

As WH will put it, we're are looking for another striker...

Back