• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Not surprised on the 28th August if this is true, would have been amazed on 28th May. Fallen down the pecking order really quickly. I guess Kenny doesn't see enough variation in his play.

Or that his rise from academy to first team regular has been extremely quick? Don't forget that Evans himself was taken out of the line up after being first choice at the start of last season. As did Ismail.

From what I've seen of Price, he'll be a very decent footballer but at this stage in his development, maybe it's not realistic to expect him to hold down a starting place in the side at Championship level?

Or that his rise from academy to first team regular has been extremely quick? Don't forget that Evans himself was taken out of the line up after being first choice at the start of last season. As did Ismail.

From what I've seen of Price, he'll be a very decent footballer but at this stage in his development, maybe it's not realistic to expect him to hold down a starting place in the side at Championship level?

His jump from academy to first team football hasn't been that quick, he's soon to turn 22 so he had a good couple of seasons in the U21 group playing against some seasoned professionals before his first team breakthrough, funny how things can change so quickly though.

Not surprised. He's 5th choice so will not be getting any game time here.

His jump from academy to first team football hasn't been that quick, he's soon to turn 22 so he had a good couple of seasons in the U21 group playing against some seasoned professionals before his first team breakthrough, funny how things can change so quickly though.

KJ and KT have spoken about how players have been cast away too quickly before and that they should still be considered youngsters at 21-22. Danny Batth is case in point, he didn't break into our first team until he was 22 and Jack Price hasn't had Danny's experience of being out on loan. This isn't the last we've seen of Jack Price, just another stage in the development of a potentially very good footballer.

Great team for him to go to as well. Nigel Clough will treat Jack well and really help him flourish IMO.

Kenny Jackett obviously thinks he needs games at a crucial stage of his development into a first team player. Obviously better than sitting on the bench.

Thought he was cracking last season and seems to have dropped down the pecking order in the close season while no football was being played! - Very strange. Obviously KJ is happy with Kev Mac (this should quash any rumours of him going anywhere which is great news) and Evans who has adapted very well to this level. With Saville coming in as well it makes sense to let him go out and get some regular football.

To be fair he lost his place last season, Evans finished the season ahead of him in the pecking order and that has just continued.

But players from the academy who have featured in the first team before have all experienced senior football previously, or have gone on loan elsewhere - Ebanks-Landell, Cassidy, Davis, Evans (albeit non-league), McAlinden, Doherty, Batth, etc.

Price is slightly older than they all were when they made their senior debuts but the point stands that Price has had no experience of senior football aside from turning out for us last season.

But players from the academy who have featured in the first team before have all experienced senior football previously, or have gone on loan elsewhere - Ebanks-Landell, Cassidy, Davis, Evans (albeit non-league), McAlinden, Doherty, Batth, etc.

Price is slightly older than they all were when they made their senior debuts but the point stands that Price has had no experience of senior football aside from turning out for us last season.

I wasn't arguing that he'd has little first team experience but his progression from academy to first team certainly wasn't a quick one, if anything probably slower than most, not to say that's a bad thing. Every player is different, both in terms of their ability and character, they mature and progress at different rates and times, when his team mates were going out on loan for first team experience Price perhaps wasn't considered ready for such, whether that be physically ready for first team football or maybe he wasn't ready to spend a prolonged period of time away from home, friends, family and all that.

I think it's the right move. Evan's was defiantly the better of the 2 when they played in the under 21s and fully expected Evans to overtake him once he'd matured a bit. He was an integral part of our midfield last season and the stats with him playing (And the games itself) showed that McDonald played better with Price alongside him, however, I did feel that liked to play the simple ball too often.

I wasn't arguing that he'd has little first team experience but his progression from academy to first team certainly wasn't a quick one, if anything probably slower than most, not to say that's a bad thing. Every player is different, both in terms of their ability and character, they mature and progress at different rates and times, when his team mates were going out on loan for first team experience Price perhaps wasn't considered ready for such, whether that be physically ready for first team football or maybe he wasn't ready to spend a prolonged period of time away from home, friends, family and all that.

Don't forget McCarthy wanted to get shot, so regardless of how good he was in his younger years he would have never have broken into the first team.

Don't forget McCarthy wanted to get shot, so regardless of how good he was in his younger years he would have never have broken into the first team.

To be fair no-one was really going to break straight through from academy or U21s into the first team under McCarthy, having a considerable amount of first team football under your belt always seemed to be high on Mick's wish list for any player, didn't seem to like to be the one giving those first opportunities himself. A lad i went to University with is an Ipswich fan and he has similar complaints in regards to some of their younger players being under used, one forward in particular he mentions regularly but i can't remember his name, apparently scores for fun in U21s but perpetually overlooked or shunted out on loan in and replaced with guff like Nouble and Sammon as they offer more experience.

Marriott I think it is Mark. Mick sent him on loan to the conference! Think he scored a few goals though and got recalled

Marriott I think it is Mark. Mick sent him on loan to the conference! Think he scored a few goals though and got recalled

The name rings a bell, think he almost came up against Wolves at some point last season on one of his loans.

Did 2 spells at Woking last season (went to one of the games he played)

Scored 13 in 24 appearances (inc 9 in 9 in the first spell there)

Latest stuff from Twitter ( i did post half of this earlier but its vanished, so I presume the forum software is automatically deleting utter bollocks)

Obika on loan from Spurs and................The Yak, the ex-Pompey forward.......

Latest stuff from Twitter ( i did post half of this earlier but its vanished, so I presume the forum siftware is automatically deleting utter bollocks)

Obika on loan from Spurs and................The Yak, the ex-Pompey forward.......

Left footed, bit of a child star, done nothing of note for the past two seasons.

Obika is a strange one. Been at Spurs his whole career, 24 next month, never got near the team, they just keep loaning him out and giving him new deals.

Think he scored against us for Charlton under Deano. The game where he gave himself a massive pat on the back because he'd reduced our attacking play down to 'Doherty taking long throws' and we happened to score off one.

Back