• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

'Kenny Jackett has confirmed that Wolves are in the final stages of securing 21 year old George Saville on a permanent deal from Chelsea' - Official Wolves Twitter

Nash. :icon_lol:

In other words - Saville is locked inside Compton while we wait the final results of the medical.

Pleased it is permanent. Cracking move.

Excellent signing, when very good players become available you sign them then worry about how to fit them in later on. Our club targets quality not quantity.

Saville arrives on a permanent deal and the #8 shirt awaits...

A full promotion campaign with Brentford under his belt means he'll probably come well equipped for the Championship.

On the face of it, a good move. I'm happy.

Very surprised we've said anything considering what happened with Wood.

Is he more of an 8 or a 10? I had the impression he was the latter.

Sent from my Langers with Langertalk

Is he more of an 8 or a 10? I had the impression he was the latter.

Sent from my Langers with Langertalk

What was meant was that in the squad numbers for this year, the No.8 shirt is still available. Its nothing to do with where he will play.

Guess he's not really interested in either option then.

Very cryptic comment by Jackett regarding Bamford. Would love us to sign him and if there was a buying clause, all the better

Holding out for a chance to go back closer to home perhaps, Derby could go back in for him and offer that.

Holding out for a chance to go back closer to home perhaps, Derby could go back in for him and offer that.

If you were Bamfords agent wouldn't you be trying to get him into a Premier league club for the season, somewhere like Southampton, or Hull City?

If you were Bamfords agent wouldn't you be trying to get him into a Premier league club for the season, somewhere like Southampton, or Hull City?

Don't suppose it makes any real difference for his agent with a loan move, other than showing his client that he can find him good opportunities, i'd think any desire for PL football would come more from Chelsea or Bamford himself looking for a sterner test.

Don't suppose it makes any real difference for his agent with a loan move, other than showing his client that he can find him good opportunities, i'd think any desire for PL football would come more from Chelsea or Bamford himself looking for a sterner test.
Surely if he scores consistently at Premier league level over a season it improves his market value and would help when negotiating wage levels.

Surely if he scores consistently at Premier league level over a season it improves his market value and would help when negotiating wage levels.

True but i wouldn't imagine that's his immediate concern at the moment, unless his Chelsea contract is running short. He'll be well paid there i'd have thought so he just needs to focus on getting regular football and continuining to master his art, if he does that then the money will naturally follow.

Max Clayton has left Bolton and is on trial at Danish club owned by the Brentford owner. Short contract in Denmark then a free to Brentford?

That would certainly get around the tribunal.

Back