• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

I know nothing about George Saville, I take it he's highly rated? What kind of midfielder is he?

If we get Saville maybe he can convince Bamford to follow suit.

Wouldn't be adverse to sending Price out on loan to a decent League 1 side. Someone who plays good football like MK Dons or Swindon perhaps.

Not sure the point of Saville Rowe, McDonald, Evans & Price are surely adequate for CM.

Have to assume Price will go out on loan or Rowe is to be utilised elsewhere.

Thread due to be inundated with both bad taste and dress related puns very shortly no doubt.

Maybe we have seen that Saville has become available (is it a permanent signing?) and thought this was an opportunity ee couldn't afford to miss? He was good for Brentford last season

Is this a loan with a view type deal or are we making it permanent now?

Also, I love when anyone ransacks the Chelsea academy. They have such great talent and are totally unaware of the academy's existence.

Sent from my Langers with Langertalk

Sounds like he played the Edwards role last season, so makes more sense.

I can't see where Saville is going to fit in. I assume Price is going out on loan but even then we have Evans who KJ clearly rates and Rowe to come in. Do we need to sign someone to be third choice?

Sounds like he played the Edwards role last season, so makes more sense.

Yes, this does make more sense. I feel for Jacobs though. He scored a fair few goals last year and got shots in from everywhere and has seen his place lost to someone who ultimately does a completely different job which makes me think that KJ sees him as more of a wide man, where his effectiveness is reduced in my view.

Yes, this does make more sense. I feel for Jacobs though. He scored a fair few goals last year and got shots in from everywhere and has seen his place lost to someone who ultimately does a completely different job which makes me think that KJ sees him as more of a wide man, where his effectiveness is reduced in my view.

Could be a horses for courses type role though. Edwards does a lot of good defensive work (pressing, tracking runners) that have been instrumental in not letting the perceived big hitters settle. When OGS went for the point (by closing down the flanks) he bought on Jacobs to try something different through the middle.

I really enjoyed what I saw of Jacobs playing in the hole. :(
I feel for the kid. I thought he was our most unpredictable attacker last year and he always seemed a danger to find the net.

Sent from my Langers with Langertalk

For whatever reason, KJ has always seemed reluctant to play Jacobs through the middle which is a shame imo but we seem to be doing alright anyway! I just hope Jacobs gets a decent amount of playing time.

Back