• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Sounds like he played the Edwards role last season, so makes more sense.

I don't think he does. He played alongside Douglas last season with Forshaw ahead of them. E&S seem to think that he can play full back as well but I've no idea where that's come from.

I think it's more likely that Rowe will be seen as a winger/attacking midfielder with Saville, Evans, Price and McDonald competing for the 2 spots in midfield.

Yes, this does make more sense. I feel for Jacobs though. He scored a fair few goals last year and got shots in from everywhere and has seen his place lost to someone who ultimately does a completely different job which makes me think that KJ sees him as more of a wide man, where his effectiveness is reduced in my view.

I'm fairly sure that KJ said himself that Jacobs is better in the middle.

Assuming Jackett wants 2 decent players for every position would our team look like this, those in bold being first team and those below as competition:

Dicko
Clarke
Sako Edwards Van La Parra
Rowe Jacobs Henry
Evans McDonald
Saville Price

Golbourne Stearman Batth Doherty
________ Iorfa Landell Ricketts

Ikeme
McCarey

Light at left back but Rowe, Ricketts and Saville can play there

Can't say I know anything about it, however Brentford fans seem to be annoyed that this is a rumour and that they aren't mentioned, so that can only be a good thing.

Role played in front of the back four in the u21s game last Monday didn't he?

Seems a strange signing, not meant as a criticism of the player, more the position he plays, which for me isn't an area of priority, unlike centre half and centre forward. Equally I don't buy the Sako is leaving connection that some (not here) are making.

If an upgrade is available, take it. No room for sentiment.
I agree, if he is, just not where I would be looking as a priority. If we cover the other 2 areas I mentioned in the next week or in the loan window then fine.

I saw earlier that Reading are the latest team to be linked to Bamford, it'll be interesting to see where he ends up.

Seems a strange signing, not meant as a criticism of the player, more the position he plays, which for me isn't an area of priority, unlike centre half and centre forward. Equally I don't buy the Sako is leaving connection that some (not here) are making.

I've never known an obsession like it about one of our players leaving. People constantly wondering if he's off for the entire last 15 months. He seems happy here - financially it would probably make more sense for him personally in the long term for him to play out his contract - we have never shown any inclination to sell - so I don't quite understand the perpetual undercurrent. Plus I don't even think he's really Premier League quality. Clubs could buy better than him for less money.

I cannot think of a Wolves player that has excited and frustrated me in equal measure as much as Sako. He also has the most ferocious shot I have seen in my 30+ years of games at Molineux, which adds considerably to the former. I cannot think of another player in that period that would have scored the goal against Sheff Utd last year in the way that he did. I think he'll stay unless he gets an offer from a mid level Prem team and we get £2m+.

The only reticence I'd have in selling Sako is hopefully not seeing Jacobs shunted out to LM permanently.

Think Rowe would play LM. Didn't he play there for Posh?

The only reticence I'd have in selling Sako is hopefully not seeing Jacobs shunted out to LM permanently.

I think most fans would be mightily pissed off if we sold Sako and didn't bring in a direct replacement.

One thing I do like about the current Wolves set up is that there doesn't seem to be much sentiment - as someone said above, if there's an upgrade available, take it. Must have sent a serious message through the squad when Sam Ricketts lost his place at RB. Captained team to promotion, said he wants to finish his career at Wolves and then KJ replaces him with Doherty. Stunning contrast to a previous regime when certain players could have read a book for 90 minutes and still been picked.

After a serious amount of buggering everyone about it appears that Bamford has decided to join Middlesbrough.
Chelsea to the worst place to live in the UK - he's in for a serious culture shock

'Kenny Jackett has confirmed that Wolves are in the final stages of securing 21 year old George Saville on a permanent deal from Chelsea' - Official Wolves Twitter

Seeing as we're being linked to two Chelsea youngsters in Saville and Bamford any chance that we'd be interested in Nathan Ake? Supposed to be a very talented player and would provide good cover for Batth and Stearman.

Back