• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Max Clayton has left Bolton and is on trial at Danish club owned by the Brentford owner. Short contract in Denmark then a free to Brentford?
How long/how many matches before he can return on a free without compensation for Crewe?

Realistically he'd have to be there until January. If he left Denmark between September and December he couldn't sign for anyone until the window re-opens.

Anything to stop him having a very long trial period at Brentford leading up to Christmas?

Realistically he'd have to be there until January. If he left Denmark between September and December he couldn't sign for anyone until the window re-opens.

Could they sign him on a 6 month deal and loan him to Brentford until January?

I imagine that would cause some sort of complaint from Crewe, bit annoying now, not sure why they don't just agree a deal with someone with a lot of add ons or future clauses etc, if they are so confident that he is a talent, and not just a prospect.

Yeah, there's no way that would be allowed.

I suppose that opportunity is there now for one of the clubs who've already looked at him but failed to agree with Crewe, i'm sure Clayton could be tempted away from Brentford by the likes of Sunderland if they went back to Crewe with a bit of cash, anything has to be better than nothing for them now if this plan is in action.

According to WM Clarke is off to Birmingham. We must have someone coming in. Bamford perhaps? Although make of this tweet what you will

UKFOOTBALL @ukfootball1974 · 1h
Bamford wanted the wolves deal... Thats y its took so long to say yes to boro... Wolves obviously want some1 else. #cfc #mfc #wwfc

Bamford to boro has still not been finalised, and according to a poster on the mix, we've been given permission to speak to him. Got to love the transfer window!

What a waste of money Clarke has been. Get him out of here before his sulking damages team spirit.

Clarke was at the Blues match. Guess he could have just been watching the games as he was in the normal seats.

Why would Birmingham want him? surely Div 1 would be a better destination for him than staying in the champ? considering his struggles to break a championship starting team.

Cause Zigic is of to Arsenal!

Twitter - Price going to Sheff Utd on loan to ensure he gets some game time.

Good move for him and Sheffield United. He needs game time to develop.

If its true, I would want it to be the 90 loan, so we can recall him after 28 days if needed rather than a window-window loan where we can't recall.

If this is the case, I'm a bit disappointed he won't get to gain experience of the Championship with us, although we are well stocked in central midfield at the moment. I thought Jack would have started the season alongside McDonald but Evans has done a very good job over the past few games by all accounts.

Worth pointing out that the only first team football he's ever experienced was with us last season. He's never been out on loan before.

If he does go out on loan, let's hope he comes back fresh, and an even better player after some valuable match experience.

If this is the case, I'm a bit disappointed he won't get to gain experience of the Championship with us, although we are well stocked in central midfield at the moment. I thought Jack would have started the season alongside McDonald but Evans has done a very good job over the past few games by all accounts.

Worth pointing out that the only first team football he's ever experienced was with us last season. He's never been out on loan before.

If he does go out on loan, let's hope he comes back fresh, and an even better player after some valuable match experience.

Thought he'd played for Shrewsbury? For me Evans has way more ability and potential, Price did well for us but is quite limited in what he can do.

Thought he'd played for Shrewsbury? For me Evans has way more ability and potential, Price did well for us but is quite limited in what he can do.

Nope - he's from Shrewsbury though.

His debut for us at the start of last season was his first appearance in senior football.

Not surprised on the 28th August if this is true, would have been amazed on 28th May. Fallen down the pecking order really quickly. I guess Kenny doesn't see enough variation in his play.

Back