• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

Things like this affect the morale & retention of 'good guys' in the service . The 25 yr old PC who dealt with the break in at the charity shop I help run (& was superb) was thinking of leaving due to people like this as just didn't feel that senior officers were going to support him if he raised issues on other longer service staff. They can ill afford to allow that to happen.

Agree that Senior officers must have known the sort of character that he was & just ignored it all.

in the 80's and 90's my aunt was in a relationship with a cunt of a copper. knocked her about a lot. regularly drove whilst drunk, frequently crashed his car and staggered to the nearest phone box, called in with his badge number saying his car had been nicked.
My mom took her sister to the police station covered in bruises/injuries, and was repeatedly ignored.

as @Derby Wolf says, tear it fucking down. the long term inhabitees are cunts.

going back to the met again, it seems that strip searching young girls is an occupational requirement for them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-64318752

Had an extremely eye opening discussion with @Johnny75 & @Stan Hullis on this very topic at the weekend. It's heartbreaking to see the removal of such a phenomenal resource that was brilliant for so many people!
Slightly sideways step here, but I was listening to a young mother yesterday explaining that many creches are now not taking children at 6 months but only from 1 year up...
That means that mothers are now struggling because maternity leave and financial support stops at 6 months so they are now facing a really difficult 6 month period until they can put their kids into a centre and start earning money again.

Weird timing as Cocaine Bear is about to hit theaters.

You can filter most things out with enough money, or precipitate it out. There is not enough money, the problem is not even acknowledged here.
Easier pouring even more cash into drug wars innit.

Admit I don't know the state of drug policing over there but I imagine it can't be massively far off how it is here.

I’d say you spend a lot more than we do,
Tory government cut 22,000 out the police about 6-8 years ago,
Local Police stations closed and sold off cheaply
Tory government now claim to be recruiting an extra 20,000 police on the streets, and looking at building more local police stations.
We don’t have local patrols, very few traffic police, Wolverhampton has around 200,000 population, I’d guess at anytime there’s probably 10 police officers available, if they arrest anyone that’s them out the way form filling for 4-5 hrs.
It’s broken, like every other service in the Uk

The amount of people on social media overjoyed at possibly leaving the European court of human rights, and finally breaking free of Europe, one person was happy because ‘it’ll stop woke lefty lawyers making money’, another said America and Australia aren’t in it so why should we be?
An awful lot of them are saying the government will write something better and it’ll benefit the uk more.
They haven’t a clue have they?

It's a diversion from talking about the week of health strikes.

My Mom has vascular dementia following a stroke, shocking how fast it takes over, in eight weeks she's gone from normal conversation to now very rarely she talks with any grasp of reality, mostly based on real people and events, but not always.

As Derby Wolf says a vile condition

Back