• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

Flo the Labradoodle is nearly 15. Never been ill in her life.
Over the past couple of months her hips are playing her up and she has monthly injections and daily tablets.
Now she cant catch her breath leading her to collapse two or three times a day. Vets are looking at everything tomorrow under full anesthetic.

We are devastated but we will not let her have a poor quality of life. She would hate it.
She has been like a puppy all her life.
We love her more than words can say.

Over the past couple of months her hips are playing her up and she has monthly injections and daily tablets.
Now she cant catch her breath leading her to collapse two or three times a day. Vets are looking at everything tomorrow under full anesthetic.

We are devastated but we will not let her have a poor quality of life. She would hate it.
Anyone who has been there will know how you feel Hereford. Enjoy what time you have left together

Thoughts are with you HW.
Take her to the Supervet. He's brilliant at fixing hips.

Yes thoughts are with you HW at a very sad time

Supervet is a magnificent human being

Actually, I don't think you can just turn up. She needs to be referred by your vet and he might think she's a bit old at 15 to do major surgery. You've done well to make her happy for 15 years. Good man, great job.

Hereford, how did you get on at the vet the other day when Flo went in for a check up?

Hereford, how did you get on at the vet the other day when Flo went in for a check up?
Unfortunately she was found to have a multitude of problems, none of which were resolvable on their own.
She woke up this morning and could hardly breath or stand up.
Went to see the vet and they came to our house and sadly she was put to sleep an hour ago.
She was the best dog. We loved her dearly.
So many beaches, so many portions of Fish and Chips, so much fun…..

Sorry to hear that HW. Her suffering is over though and sounds like she had a lovely life

So sorry to hear that HW. Filled me up reading that. So sad.
You're a good man for giving her the life you did.
Give it a couple of months then go and rescue another one.

We are probably going to have a break for a few months to take a couple of holidays we’ve wanted to do for years, and we did not want to leave Flo in kennels for 2/3 weeks.

But without a doubt, there will be a new member of the family at sometime.

Thanks for all your messages. Really appreciated.

did not want to leave Flo in kennels for 2/3 weeks.
If you do get a new member of the family have you looked a sitters instead of kennels.

Our boys go off to a fantastic family in Barnt Green. So no locking away, part of the family etc.

Cost a bit more than kennels but worth every penny

Yeah we've used sitters before, mostly we've had ones that stay at your house, as Kenny says not the cheapest option but not prohibitively expensive for us.

Yes this is useful...
When we lived in Alfreton, we used setup I think called 'Petsitters'.
Ran by a smashing bloke I think called Mike and they came round TO YOUR HOUSE twice a day, to feed your dog and let it out, then again in the afternoon to feed (if necessary) and take it for a decent walk. As said by everyone else, not the cheapest, but your dog was looked after and in its own home.

Yes this is useful...
When we lived in Alfreton, we used setup I think called 'Petsitters'.
Ran by a smashing bloke I think called Mike and they came round TO YOUR HOUSE twice a day, to feed your dog and let it out, then again in the afternoon to feed (if necessary) and take it for a decent walk. As said by everyone else, not the cheapest, but your dog was looked after and in its own home.
Wasn't your dog left on its own for long periods with that set up?

Don't think I could go away knowing their interaction with people was just twice a day.

Wasn't your dog left on its own for long periods with that set up?

Don't think I could go away knowing their interaction with people was just twice a day.
No Kenny, it was only for intermittent days as I got work on a daily basis so maybe 1 or 2 days a week, maybe none the next week and so on.

Good dog sitting ideas lads. Thanks.
Flo was a problem because, being part poodle, she was quite neurotic about being separated from us.
My old dog Mutley, who was a mixture of everything, used to like the kennels. He never looked back when I dropped him off!

fucking hell! reading the follow up tweets is worse! He was accused of rape in 2021 and it was brushed under the carpet and he wasn't suspended, and his nickname was bastard dave (confirmed by the met!) because he was a nasty harsh person. Just the type of profile we want in the police!

I hope they accidentally forget to give him his own cell or wing in prison.

Less than 12 months on from Sarah Everard.

I said them that Wayne Couzens would have exhibited red flags way before it got to rape and murder and the same would have happened with this cunt here.

Every police officer and superior who came into contact with him and didn't act on those red flags is guilty by association. They've failed on a number of policing principles. Fuck the lot off. Especially those who normalised his behaviour giving him that name.

Tear it down.

Back