• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

We have one too, was quite handy as I had to do twice daily checks for a couple of weeks.

She can get in the sea with the rest of them , and she’s married to a Tory donor, but not a problem about impartiality, criticise the government on your social media page for being facist cunts when they are, major problem

This girl was murdered by lethal injection in Auschwitz 80 years ago today 12/3/43 aged 14.
it’s the first colourised photo I saw of a prisoner, made me realise they were actual real people, and how it really wasn’t that long ago, the B&W ones make her feel she is long ago history, the coloured ones make her into your sister, daughter, granddaughter.
She’d also been beaten just before the photo, you can see she’s got a split lip, and died a fortnight after her mother who was shot aged 36.

CDBBE329-B848-4410-BF55-C49336890705.jpeg6FF9C149-21B1-4118-9E22-2944E634A5E1.jpeg

This girl was murdered by lethal injection in Auschwitz 80 years ago today 12/3/43 aged 14.
it’s the first colourised photo I saw of a prisoner, made me realise they were actual real people, and how it really wasn’t that long ago, the B&W ones make her feel she is long ago history, the coloured ones make her into your sister, daughter, granddaughter.
She’d also been beaten just before the photo, you can see she’s got a split lip, and died a fortnight after her mother who was shot aged 36.

View attachment 6994View attachment 6995
Where's that from?

I’ve been following it for a while. It’s tough but I think they do a great job in reminding us what can happen if we don’t stand up for what we feel is right.

Quite. It just is incredibly distressing when starkly laid out. These were people not numbers. They had lives, families, loves, hopes. All snuffed out.

I visited the museum a few years ago and it's the most harrowing place I've ever been to - which is just compounded by the sheer scale of it. I was aghast just how huge Birkenau is.

Photos like the ones above are displayed all down the corridors inside the buildings of the original camp - there are so many corridors you have to walk down, and they are filled with these pictures, then you realise that these are just a mere fraction of the people who were taken to the camp. The vast majority never made it as far as being photographed.

I'd advise anyone who is visiting the area to go - it's incredibly moving but an important memorial to visit.

It was the hair, spectacles,shoes, cups all stacked up and filling rooms that bought home how industrial it was, the guide said they were all from the last week before it was shut down

Couple of weeks ago I heard a friend I saw two or three times a year had died - only late 50s and we weren’t massively close but always spent time together when then chance arose. Thought it must have been a heart attack, but found out today he took his own life. Really knocked me back - he was a successful guy, but really well grounded. Was very much a mentor to me in my early career - helped me not take things too seriously. And then to hear this happened is ☹️

I just had a message from the kid's primary school saying they are doing a lockdown drill today. How depressing. I didn't even know that was a thing in this country. It's not like we're America.

i went to that college, and st peters school (behind the college). I also used to spend so much time at compton park activities centre that is also behind the college. Played so many sports there as a kid, went to all sorts of events during school holidays. It was great.
about 18 months ago went for a walk around that area with my wife (we spent later lockdown revisiting places where she had lived, and I took her to wolverhampton to show her some of my childhood). Really sad how compton park has been closed down and is now such a dump.

Bit of a change going on here! Just found out that Sky are taking €218 off us next month for our TV package!!!
Well, no they're fucking well not!
I'm gonna drop Sky Sports Extra that'll save us €34 per month...
Don't know how it works with you guys in the UK, but I only watch BT when they have Wolves on.
Not sure how many games BT show over a season but I know they aren't on every month, so I'll suffer that loss.
We'll drop Netflix as we have that separately rather than through Sky, another €10 saved
We're also gonna drop BB which also carries our phone line, which we got because our mobile phone signal was shit.
Vodafone will give us BB 50% less than Sky...
Then I'll barter them down from €15 to zero for the Multi room Q box.
That should make it a bit more manageable...
€218 though! Fuck's sake!!
Just out of curiosity, do you guys pay anything like that for your TV+BB?

I’ve got TV, Broadband, 2 mobile phone contracts and 4 SIM cards with Sky and still pay a lot less than that.

Bit of a change going on here! Just found out that Sky are taking €218 off us next month for our TV package!!!
Well, no they're fucking well not!
I'm gonna drop Sky Sports Extra that'll save us €34 per month...
Don't know how it works with you guys in the UK, but I only watch BT when they have Wolves on.
Not sure how many games BT show over a season but I know they aren't on every month, so I'll suffer that loss.
We'll drop Netflix as we have that separately rather than through Sky, another €10 saved
We're also gonna drop BB which also carries our phone line, which we got because our mobile phone signal was shit.
Vodafone will give us BB 50% less than Sky...
Then I'll barter them down from €15 to zero for the Multi room Q box.
That should make it a bit more manageable...
€218 though! Fuck's sake!!
Just out of curiosity, do you guys pay anything like that for your TV+BB?
Sky are doing you over....unless you have a Sky contract per TV (are you the Irish Jonzy?)

Last edited:
Back