• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

What's on our package at the moment is the basic Sky 'Signature' pack.
Netflix
High Definition!
Sky Sports
Sky Sports Extra
Q Box
BB
Phone
We declined Sky Cinema and watch almost no live tv at all. Just recorded stuff.
It's kind of irritating that they actually charge €15 for High Definition.
I watch a lot of YouTube content. Wife watches a lot of Netflix stuff.
Any way it'll all change tomorrow.

What catches you, is that a lot of special offers are for 6 months and they come out at different times and if you don't keep track which is a bastard sometimes, they just tick over to full price without you realising.
What a clever, underhand way of making money!
Sky Sports €25 to €40
Sports Extra €10 to €34
Q Box Free to €15
BB €33 to €65 are some that come to mind...

Whilst on a visit to Yorkshire this weekend to see our beautiful little 18 month old granddaughter we went for a walk in Pontefract Park.

By the lake there was a bunch of flowers. I read the card.

The flowers had been left by the family of a baby girl who had sadly died on 1st November 2022. It would have been her 2nd birthday on 26th February 2023 making her just 20 months old at the time of her death, just 2 months older than our little Athena.

The card ended with a line about giving her a little thought on your walk.

I found it so sad and kept looking down at our little munchkin and imagining how awful it would be to lose her.

I certainly did give the little baby a thought on our walk, I'm turning into a right soft sod

There’s a time to be hard and a time to be soft, ay? Nowt wrong with it.

Nothing wrong with that at all, that cards done the job.

You’ve changed Alan, using ay and nowt, your fellow Americans will disown you if they find out

Yes I like the fact that the card made me think and reflect, the fact that we were there with Athena really brought it home

Nothing wrong with that at all, that cards done the job.

You’ve changed Alan, using ay and nowt, your fellow Americans will disown you if they find out
The way things are going, they can have it tbh.

I just appreciate that y'all don't give me pelters for faking it!

Edit: ^ case in point, "y'all" and "give x pelters" in the same sentence. Mutt English. :LOL:

Using local dialect and slang to fit in? I don’t know what you mean, you flaming galah.

If home and away never made it to your particular part of the States that will have gone right over your head!

My daughter is 10, and goes to Brownies. In her group are 8 and 9 year olds and one of her little mates is nearly 9 and they get on great.
She was missing last Wednesday. 'Had to go to church for her 1st confession'.
Examples of 'things to confess were, 'Not being as kind to my brother as I could have been'. 'Not making my bed like I'd been told'. 'Making a mess in the kitchen'. 'Not sharing some of my sweets'.
Now I'm not religious one little bit, and there's probably a very good reason there doesn't seem to be a 'Religion' thread on here.
But having a 8 year old go into a church and in front of the gathered assembly and 'Confess' to these 'sins', this typical 8 year old behaviour, just winds me up no end.
The Catholic church needs to have a look at what it's doing here.
Probably should be in the 'Angry' thread.

Been a very long time since I went to church but usually confession takes place in private.

Don't know if it was for 'their first time' or what, but the church was fairly full, parents and family, come to give their support' for fuck's sake, and there was a line of the poor kids all waiting to up and confess their sins.
Jesus!

I believe there has been some debate on this very subject on national radio.
And so there needs to be!

Didn't happen when I was young and did my first confession (7). Was in the confession box.

You did do your penance in front of the altar though.

The Catholic church is a weird old place.

Yep, in private when I did my 1st Confession... Maybe it's just in Ireland. They've always wanted to hold sway over their parishioners

Didn't happen when I was young and did my first confession (7). Was in the confession box.

You did do your penance in front of the altar though.

The Catholic church is a weird old place.
Good grief Johnny!!
What sort of penance did you have to do?
For being a 7 year old!!
You bad, bad boy...!

Good grief Johnny!!
What sort of penance did you have to do?
For being a 7 year old!!
You bad, bad boy...!
That's how the Catholic church works. All children have to.

So many Hail Mary's and Our fathers.

That's how the Catholic church works. All children have to.

So many Hail Mary's and Our fathers.
I think that's part of my problem with it. What is the church trying to achieve with 3 Hail Mary's and 4 Our fathers?
The little shagger will go out and think 'that wasn't too bad' and then go and wee in next door's fish pond...
I kind of get it with a person who has 'reached adulthood', who chooses to go to confession then comes out and 3 days later, continues to shag his next door neighbour.

Whilst on a visit to Yorkshire this weekend to see our beautiful little 18 month old granddaughter we went for a walk in Pontefract Park.

By the lake there was a bunch of flowers. I read the card.

The flowers had been left by the family of a baby girl who had sadly died on 1st November 2022. It would have been her 2nd birthday on 26th February 2023 making her just 20 months old at the time of her death, just 2 months older than our little Athena.

The card ended with a line about giving her a little thought on your walk.

I found it so sad and kept looking down at our little munchkin and imagining how awful it would be to lose her.

I certainly did give the little baby a thought on our walk, I'm turning into a right soft sod
These types of things are such useful reminders to live in the here and now.

Such sad stories, but the thing I get reminded of is how it brings home how we should live our lives right now, because who knows what's around the corner.

Back