• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter Transfer Thread (And Summer Free Transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not even a rumour, it's a rumour about a rumour and that was just bullshit

Just seems odd to me that we'd be after another left sided player (unless we're absolutely certain Vinagre won't be staying).

I guess, but if he has suddenly become available to us he is miles better than both. Vinagre obviously has time to be a pretty incredible player but currently he’s not that level

Just seems odd to me that we'd be after another left sided player (unless we're absolutely certain Vinagre won't be staying).

We're building a Premiership team now , Alan. Barry Douglas is a wonderful player for £1m but he's not a Prem full back

We're building a Premiership team now , Alan. Barry Douglas is a wonderful player for £1m but he's not a Prem full back

Agree with this. Defensively think he'd not be good enough for regular premier league football. If we're going to be competitive we can't refuse upgrades for sentimental reasons.

Neither Douglas or Doherty will be anything other than squad players next year, serious upgrades needed in both positions if we genuinely want to be mid table or higher.

I think Barry Douglas has more than earned an opportunity to prove himself at the top level.

But then again, in what world can Wolves get near to signing Alex Telles, FFS!

When I suggested we look into another CB this window I was told we didn't need one yet, but hey ho...

When I suggested we look into another CB this window I was told we didn't need one yet, but hey ho...

If Sergio Ramos became available to us I don’t think people would argue. I think the point was we wouldn’t need another back up as what we currently have is suitable.

We don't 'need' to replace Douglas but if there is an opportunity we have to take it. There will be plenty of competition for this guy in the summer.

I think Barry Douglas has more than earned an opportunity to prove himself at the top level.

But then again, in what world can Wolves get near to signing Alex Telles, FFS!
If you take the set pieces out of the equation, he's an average player in a good team. Bought to play a certain position in a particular formation which he's done well, but I don't think there's much headroom ability wise, rarely beats a man and is only OK defensively. When we got promoted last time Stephen Ward deserved to see if he could make the step up, we aren't that club any more. Not a criticism of Baz really, just an acknowledgement of the trajectory the club is on.

If Sergio Ramos became available to us I don’t think people would argue. I think the point was we wouldn’t need another back up as what we currently have is suitable.

Well I wasn't arguing for us to bring in a backup...

Telles IMO is a lot of potential but I don't think the comparison to Sergio Ramos is especially prescient.

If you take the set pieces out of the equation, he's an average player in a good team. Bought to play a certain position in a particular formation which he's done well, but I don't think there's much headroom ability wise, rarely beats a man and is only OK defensively. When we got promoted last time Stephen Ward deserved to see if he could make the step up, we aren't that club any more. Not a criticism of Baz really, just an acknowledgement of the trajectory the club is on.

Aye, same goes for everyone. We will bring in a striker who's way better than Leo and that means he'll be sold on (I assume we'll sign him, just because the agreed fee is so ludicrously low that we can't fail to make money) or will become a bit part player. That's just the way the club is.

Baz has been an incredible signing in terms of VFM but is he really a PL option...I don't know. I'd say he's better than shitehawks like Olsson, Bong and Malone who get PL gametime (just to pick three out), but then we aren't aiming to be messing around in the bottom six.

O jogo said that Telles link is bollocks.

I'll stick my neck out and say we won't be spending +30mil in this window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back