• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter Transfer Thread (And Summer Free Transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DU3EimlX4AEhYes.jpg

€14m for Diogo.

Roughly £12.3m at current exchange rates. Bargain

Who was it arguing a few weeks back that the "option to buy" section of our deals wasn't worth the paper it's written on? Del, wasn't it?

I think this proves, as I suggested at the time, that it's a ridiculous piece of business by ourselves and it's absolutely worth having that agreement included in any deal concerning a player like Jota.

It was quite obvious before we signed him that he'd be too good for the league we are playing in. It was also extremely obvious that his value would increase over the season - so for us to have a pre-agreement in place of just over £12m (or £8m if Craig is correct) for a player of his talents, is utterly ridiculous.

We're taking the piss, quite frankly.

Who was it arguing a few weeks back that the "option to buy" section of our deals wasn't worth the paper it's written on? Del, wasn't it?

I think this proves, as I suggested at the time, that it's a ridiculous piece of business by ourselves and it's absolutely worth having that agreement included in any deal concerning a player like Jota.

It was quite obvious before we signed him that he'd be too good for the league we are playing in. It was also extremely obvious that his value would increase over the season - so for us to have a pre-agreement in place of just over £12m (or £8m if Craig is correct) for a player of his talents, is utterly ridiculous.

Agreed. And deals for Leo and Vinagre will probably be less than we expect (or what they are truly worth anyway).

Can't see it, but I would love us to make Vini permanent today. He's going to be a really special player imo

In Del's defence, the option to buy only works if the player (and his representatives) want to stay. If we were languishing around in, say, eighth place then our option to buy would mean fuck all.

Managed to persuade Costa to sign when we were a bit shit though

In Del's defence, the option to buy only works if the player (and his representatives) want to stay. If we were languishing around in, say, eighth place then our option to buy would mean fuck all.

The advantage is it keeps the fee down. If Atletico were open to offers we'd be having to pay a lot more for him.

Protected account :(

It's Nixon. Make up any old bullshit, try to be a little bit cryptic and mysterious (failing miserably) and adopt a really patronising tone. Hey presto, you have your own version of his account and you don't even have to be Owen Coyle's bitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back