• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

We could say this about any position if we lost 2 players though.

Jonny & Doc get crocked. Who do we play at RWB?
Any 2 from the back 3

Personally, I think we would seriously miss Dendoncker if he got injured as we don't have another midfielder who can match what he does in the adjusted formation.

I would say from the lack of panic from Wolves, they are happy if the worst happened they have enough to ensure we remain competitive. We all love a new signing but if we are going into the final 14 league games and however many Cup games with a back up of Cav, Costa, Traore, MGW and possibly Ennis (if we suddenly get 4 years worth of injuries in 1 month) and 2 formations we can use then I am relaxed with that.

I was gonna suggest we have the option of Ennis from the youth ranks if needed. And has been said, we can revert to the 3-4-3 suited to the remaining players if needed too.
We have options already.

Realistically the only forwards we could sign won't be good enough for where we want to go. Do we really want to sign someone who will need moving on in 6 months?

We possibly have enough points already to prevent the worst option from occurring - another 5 or 6 points would get us over a line which wouldn't be breached by enough teams & we have 14 games to get them.

I would want us to do better than that (& think that we will anyway), but don't want us throwing money at people for no reason now

As good as Crouchie has been over his career (there have been many times I'd have taken him down here, even relatively recently under the likes of Ken and Lambert), he's 38 and has scored 13 goals in 90 games over three and a half seasons. I'm not sure what problem you'd be solving by taking him, you aren't going to want him to start any games.

As good as Crouchie has been over his career (there have been many times I'd have taken him down here, even relatively recently under the likes of Ken and Lambert), he's 38 and has scored 13 goals in 90 games over three and a half seasons. I'm not sure what problem you'd be solving by taking him, you aren't going to want him to start any games.

Oh I don't think he's good enough for one minute, I was highlighting how much Leo isn't up to the standard of this league.

I'd be going for either Origi or Bats personally.

I'd rather have Bonatini than Crouch!

Oh I don't think he's good enough for one minute, I was highlighting how much Leo isn't up to the standard of this league.

To sign Bats we would have to pay his 80k a week wages.

I stand by what I said that I don't think we'll be able to loan anyone in who is better than Bonatini. Michy wants more money than we are willing to pay so that's not an option. There are rumours Origi is available but only on a permanent

SSN reporting his agent is asking for £160k a week which is why other teams are walking away.

and rightly so!

His agent is off his tits or he saw West Ham were interested and thinks they are gullible pricks

I stand by what I said that I don't think we'll be able to loan anyone in who is better than Bonatini. Michy wants more money than we are willing to pay so that's not an option. There are rumours Origi is available but only on a permanent

And I think you're wrong. There's plenty better than Bonatini we could go for.

I'm not sure we will go for anybody else though.

Well, nothing on Twitter apart from the news that George Elokobi is now a free agent. Once scored against Man United didn't he...

If I could wave a magic wand and get the player, I'd go for Origi too, but if Liverpool are holding out for a big money permanent deal, it's just not worth it.

Twitter is a spaz-a-thon about not signing cover for Raúl Jiménez. Some people just love a bloody good moan. These are the same people that blame everyone else because their lives are shite.

Back