• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

Iorfa gone, undisclosed fee, to join Brucey's fun wagon In Sheffield

Nice lad and I hope he gets his career back on track.

Nash says £500k, I very much doubt it, Wednesday aren't even allowed to spend much and why would they pay that for a bloke we have barely used in two years and who is free in a few months.

We weren't in for Tielemans, that deal between Leicester and Monaco was set up ages ago.

Sky Sports News is hilarious... "Let's go round the grounds. What's happening at (enter name of club)?"

"Nothing..." :ursofunny:

And all the reporters are freezing their bits off except for the guy at Compton who has been invited inside

What a dull window from the entire league.

Just waiting for Batshuayi deal I guess.

What a dull window from the entire league.

Just waiting for Batshuayi deal I guess.

No... Jim White just said that it was really exciting at the end there. I must have missed that.

So we're Wolves the 2nd biggest spenders on deadline day behind Newcastle?

How fucking desperate are Sky to drag this out and make it "exciting"?

Off to Everton, is a player on the way out??

"No"

We’ve binned off Mason now too.

Solid job of clearing the deadwood this window.

It seems to me we have had a very competent transfer window. Over the last season and a half we have had so few injuries it is clearly down to the sports science. We can't plan for a broken leg and I don't see how anyone can. We have an acceptable amount of cover. I think we will have a decent cup run and still finish 7th-10th.

Joe Mason left by mutual consent. I'll be tearing up somebody's season ticket to throw at Jeff Shi.

This window has been a bonfire special. Can't say that wasn't planned lolz

Mildly disappointed to not get in a new forward but ultimately a very successful window.

Like a few people, I am mildly disappointed not to bring in another forward, but overall you have to say it was exactly the sort of window a well-managed, well-run Premier League club with a long range plan would have:

- great player secured on long term deal at bargain price
- refusal to pay over the odds for players who might not improve the squad
- dead wood moved out
- a committed, loyal player for the club moved to a team that will play to his strengths for a fair price
- and a bit of bunce on top from a sell-on clause

I'm happy with our transfer window, it seems to me like most clubs have realised that buying in Jan equates to paying too much for a player so unless there is a clear improvement to be made why invest?

We don't "need" anyone and at best we were looking for cover, which is a really tough sell to anyone whose actually good enough for us!

We have Cav, Costa and Traore currently not in the starting 11, and considering we don't play with an orthodox centre forward, I think our options well pretty well covered.

If we desperately need someone because of injuries, Guiseppe Rossi is kicking his heels training with Man Utd and is available on a free.

Another forward would have been nice, but I do think this squad has a lot of quality and it's nice to see we're spending £18m on one quality player as opposed to buying a handful of second-rate ones. Certainly whilst I've supported Wolves we have tended to have over-inflated squads with very little quality. I quite like the close-knit group feel we are going for.

I guess we'll probably be in for Azmoun again in the summer, plus sign Raul permanently.

Back