• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

We have Cav, Costa and Traore currently not in the starting 11, and considering we don't play with an orthodox centre forward, I think our options well pretty well covered.

We didn't play with an orthodox forward but with the change of formation Raul is definitely a 9 with Jota the 10.

I guess we'll probably be in for Azmoun again in the summer, plus sign Raul permanently.

I'd like to see us break the bank for both Raul and Maxi Gomez.

Other than a CB is there anywhere else we should be strengthening bar the forward positions?

Qualifying for the EL would pose a different problem with the squad size if it did come to pass.

We didn't play with an orthodox forward but with the change of formation Raul is definitely a 9 with Jota the 10.

He still spends a lot of time out wide with Jota central - something Cav could cover.

He still spends a lot of time out wide with Jota central - something Cav could cover.

Kane drifts wide for Spurs as does Lukaku for Utd but both are absolutely battering rams of CF's as is Raul. Cav is in no way, shape or form a replacement for what Raul does, he's just not that type of player. He can do what Jota does and he's the natural replacement there.

I'd like to see us break the bank for both Raul and Maxi Gomez.

Other than a CB is there anywhere else we should be strengthening bar the forward positions?

Qualifying for the EL would pose a different problem with the squad size if it did come to pass.
If West Ham have been put off by Gomez's wage demands then I can't see us being interested. They'll no doubt be in for him again in the summer.

If West Ham have been put off by Gomez's wage demands then I can't see us being interested. They'll no doubt be in for him again in the summer.

Didn't know that's what put them off. They do have a big wage bill at the moment.

Saying that if you want the best you have to pay for it.

I thought West Ham were put off by Celta saying they can sign him but not have him until the summer. West Ham then wanted a reduced fee but Celta said 43m or no deal. Amazingly West Ham actually walked away from a deal that wasn't great for them

Timmy II - Jonny deal took Wolves' spending this season to £84m. Yes, £84m (plus a further £12m to buy Dendoncker next summer). Another striker would have been nice and you do worry what happens if Jimenez gets injured. But there can certainly be no complaints about a lack of investment.

AAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH STOP GETTING WOLVES TRANSFERS WRONG!!!

Did no one in the world but 3 members of this forum have access to the info on it or what?

Yeah I know. Just asking if we're the only people with access as it seems no one but a select few on here, not even the whole forum as it comes up about 14 times a a day, know about it. Even Tim II who's job it is

It's listed on the website as a loan, and I think most media companies have it on their records as a loan, so that's what get reported perpetually. Unless you were at the fans parliament, or have spoken to someone who was, and happened to notice Thelwell saying that then it's easy to see how the correction has flown under the radar.

It will be obvious when the accounts come out as there will be that extra spend in there. Of course, Tim II won't spot that either.

Has anyone emailed or Tweeted Timbo to put him straight..?

We know he is always receptive to Fan feedback... [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's listed on the website as a loan, and I think most media companies have it on their records as a loan, so that's what get reported perpetually. Unless you were at the fans parliament, or have spoken to someone who was, and happened to notice Thelwell saying that then it's easy to see how the correction has flown under the radar.

It was on the official website (as well as on my own, superior write up :D ) so it shouldn't.

It will be obvious when the accounts come out as there will be that extra spend in there. Of course, Tim II won't spot that either.

Our next accounts will only be made up to 31 May 2018 so it won't be in there. By the time it will be shown (y/e 31/5/19, and released around March 2020) then no-one will care.

I had it in my mind that the official website had it listed as a loan.

On the official site:

UpEsFWB.jpg

https://www.wolves.co.uk/team/first-team/leander-dendoncker/

Fair enough... Perhaps Thelwell got it wrong at the Parliament meeting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, but the official site then later (in the Parliament minutes) clarified that we bought him. The Belgian press also ran stories saying we did in early September.

You didn't need to go to the meeting to know. The E&S should know.

Ignore the player bios, we never update them properly.

Yeah, but the official site then later (in the Parliament minutes) clarified that we bought him. The Belgian press also ran stories saying we did in early September.

You didn't need to go to the meeting to know. The E&S should know.

Ignore the player bios, we never update them properly.

Yeah, that's what I linked to earlier. It's easy to see why there's misinformation out there about it because you wouldn't necessarily go scrawling through Parliament minutes for that kind of thing if the player bio says it was a loan.

No excuse for the E&S not knowing though, for sure.

Back